don't let addiciton happen to you...

Discussion in 'Community' started by g30ffr3y, Feb 14, 2004.

1. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

good stuff i found killing time at work... youve been warned...

Are you ready to trip? If so then just read these people´s experiences and have a virtual water trip.

Kevin´s trip

I drank Water for the first time at a party last night, and it was great!! Some of my friends who do W told me about the experience earlier, but I now realize that it was beyond my wildest expectations. I was a little bit scared, at first, because I heard about some of the bad side effects that it can cause. A few people said they choked on it, and one guy said that he dribbled it all over his clothes and got them wet. Luckily, none of these things happened to me. They started passing glasses around to everyone and I decided to take one.
    The Water was very clear in color. They said it was scored from a guy who got it from a spring in Canada. I don't know whether it was really Canadian Water, but it was definitely good quality, judging by the color. I used about 500g of it. When I put the glass up to my mouth, and swallowed, the first sensation I felt was of something wet traveling down my throat. This sensation started before I had even removed the glass from my mouth. I was able to acheive the same feeling again, by taking another swallow. As the trip progressed, I noticed several other things. The W produced a state of mind that I believe could best be described as a lack of thirst. The trip didn't last for very long, but I think that it would be safe to say that the experience gave me some important insights into my consciousness. Chief among these, is the realization that Water can relieve thirst.

Ray´s experience

Although I don't partake, some of my neighbours down quite a bit of the stuff, filling swimming pools and such. I use it in great moderation, not even having an outside hose spigot to wash the car with. Daily showers seem to be my habitual use.
    Henry´s experience
    A recent major survey has showed that Water addiction runs in families. At present, NIDA funded scientists are working flat out on the genesis of this crippling condition. Unlike other addictions, W abuse is believed to affect all sections of society, rich and poor alike. However,scientists have discovered that a gene may well be responsible for a predisposition to drinking W.
    Although 12 step 'W' recovery programmes have been around for some time now, major cities have begun to witness a growth in self-help programs for Adult Children of Waterholics. "Henry" is a member of such a group.
    "Well, I've just got so much rage about this, y'know? I was never able to confront them about it at the time. I thought that drinking Water was normal.
    Now I'm angry. Ours is a sick culture. The French would never dream of exposing their children to 'W' at dinner. There, the kids go from breast milk to wine. But every single day, there it was, sitting at the dinner table in front of me. Of course, they wouldn't let me have any, but after watching them do it, I saw where they got it from. I began sneaking to the tap, and taking a sip. Before I knew where I was I was into the hard stuff - you know, Water sports. Baths, showers, stuff like that.
    Well, eventually, I hit bottom. I out in town and the craving came on me and I found myself licking it up from puddles. Then it was toilet bowls. There are no wells too deep for the 'W' addict. So I went and got help. I've been in recovery for like.. 3 days now, but I wasn't making any progress. Then my therapist told me about A CoW and since then, it's been nothing but milk. And not mother's milk either..."

Mary´s experience

However, not everybody accepts that 'W' use is a problem. 'Mary' has been using 'W' for a month now. She feels that the dangers of 'W' have been much exaggerated.
    "It's all propaganda, isn't it? I've been doing 'W' for ages now, and it's just a bit of a buzz, innit. It's harmless man. There isn't a single study that *proves* 'W" has any effect on the bladder, and as for people who say it makes you piss. Well, they are just dirty minded. As I said, I've been doing 'W' for a month, and I've never had a piss, ever.
    We've started a pressure group called 'Fair Play for Water' and it's our aim to force the government to tell the truth about 'W'. If there are risks, tell us what they are, and how we can minimize them. Prohibition doesn't work. The government knows that. Why else would they have repealed the laws against heroin and cocaine? Unfortunately, there are political careers to be made out of that issue. Vote Libertarian. Privatise the Water companies. Stop all government regulation of Water now!!!!

The European experience

In Europe W is becoming something of a threat real fast. I myself have witnessed tourists trying to score W desperately the last couple of hot days here this week. As of yet there is no shortage of W, but I've heard that in Greece it's getting scary. The police are starting to recognise this situation and have called for more forces on the street, weeding out W-pushers and sentencing them to severe punishments straight away!

2. HexMonkey Administrator

HexMonkey

Staff Member

I'm sad to say that I myself have become addicted to water. It's a shock, I know, but everyone I knew also used it, and I didn't want to be left out. I did try and quit once a couple of years ago, but the withdrawal symptoms almost killed me.

:D

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

4. g30ffr3y thread starter macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

oh my... im an addict... i think ill just stay that way...

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Addiction to water is nothing....

I'm addicted to coke!

;):D:D

scem0

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I use dehydrated 'W'. You just add the missing ingredient (in the privacy of your own home) and you are ready to trip out.

7. howard macrumors 68020

howard

my W tolerance is off the charts

they say 8 cups is a lot per day...

well i average about 14 and on days were i work hard i end up downing about 20

its all that keeps be going now...the more you drink the more you need it

8. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

I wonder if this monkey is a member of the PPP ?

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Yes, 8 cups of H20 per day is recommend per day for proper hydration and kidney function.

The amount of H20 that you drink Howard, indicates that you are very physically active. Do you have a job that requires physical labor, working outside? A long distance runner? Or a lot or physically challenging workouts?

10. Awimoway macrumors 65816

11. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Nice tar... needs a few more frames.

Attached Files:

12. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Whats really crazy is the people who purposely drink upwards of 2 gallons of water at a time in order to purposely throw off their electrolyte levels. It causes you to hallucinate and trip out, and can even kill you.

13. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

14. NP3 macrumors regular

Oh ya....i drink about 3 Liters of water a day.....Think two of those huge 64 oz bottles. (I'm a swimmer)

Many people ask if its really water that i'm downing. I've replied that its vodka a couple times....(i'm russian)...and have gotten some very interesting reactions.

15. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

16. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Drunk thread, I salute you, and pray for your return.