Don't like Fox news' right-wing propaganda? Block them!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MattG, Mar 27, 2005.

1. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

AP Article
    http://www.foxblocker.com

2. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

Blocking something because you disagree with it seems a bit pointless. As your quote says "You can't engage if you're not participating". Whether or not you disagree with Fox or not, it's ratings are increasing, so it is obviously speaking to someone. Just tuning them out isn't going to help. You need to listen to both sides before you can rebut one.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ugh... I want to block them all out. None of the cable news channels could be described as 'news'. Michael Jackson isn't news. Scott Peterson wasn't/isn't news. Terri Schaivo? Not news. Iraq and Afghanistan? News. The stuff that happens every day around the world that our introverted little incestuous news corp ignores? Also news.

There's a serious lack of news-gathering going on these days. No boots on the ground anymore so to speak.

4. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

In what sense is watching television, especially FOX News, interactive?

There is no participation, only irradiation.

5. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

If we were to block all news propaganda we'd be left with nothing. Fox is Right, almost everything else it left. What about the middle of the roaders like me?

6. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

well said, an objective voice for once. :)

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yeah CNN's really been pushing the left-wing agenda what with all their interviews of discredited medical care personel supporting the Schindlers...

8. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

CNN gave Jerry Falwell a 5 minute block of time to spout off his talking points without counterpoint and Wolf Blitzer sat there silent as Falwell repeatedly lied.

That's just like the left wing.

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Let's see...

Clinton spends almost his entire eight years on the defensive against B.S. charges, finally getting impeached over screwing an intern. All of this is reported endlessly in the mainstream media.

Bush lies to the entire nation about Iraq, gets 1500+ Americans killed for no good reason, ignores terrorism while pretending to fight it, flouts the Constitution, and silences tough questions by having the reporters removed from the White House beat. The mainstream media treats this as business-as-usual, rather than corruption of truly epic proportions.

Yup, sure sounds like liberal media to me. :rolleyes:

10. iGary Guest

iGary

If anyone thinks for one second that any news organization (aside from maybe PBS, which is biased to the left a bit) reports news as a service to the public and being accurate and non biased is a real consideration, guess again.

The only thing they want to do is sell advertising.

11. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

NPR.

a member here did an experiment last year, on my recommendation. he claimed NPR was liberal-leaning, and i challenged him to listen for a week and come back w/ all the instances of their leftist reporting.

at the end of the week, he reported back that he had heard none and withdrew his claim. he also praised them for their accurate and in-depth reporting.

12. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

This chip is easily the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Any TV made after 1995 can automatically block channels. I have the HSN blocked on every set in the house. If you're TV's are old, here's an idea. This is a little out there, so bear with me... change the frickin' channel!!!

Fox's advertisers will put the letters they get in the circular file. 1.6 million viewers, and 100 letters. That'll show 'em. Way to stick it to the man!!!

-or, in a boardroom in sarcastic land-

"Sir, we've gotten another letter from a fox blocker"
    "Another one! Jesus, we've literally received tens of letters"
    "What should we do sir?"
    "At this rate, our ads will only reach a 1.59 million people by 2090. We have no choice, we must pull our ads from Fox News"

As an aside, I am selling useless overpriced trinkets that go on your car antenna to block out pop music stations. These retail for $20 a piece, and come with an angry letter made out to the pop star of your choice (postage not included). With your help we can waste paper and make me wealthy at the same time. PM me for details. ;)

13. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

LOL. too bad that without the explicit usage of smilies irony and sarcasm are usually lost on most