Don't like Genius Diagnostic, can I take to a different store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by phatjoe, Mar 19, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Feb 28, 2008

I don't like the conclusion/diagnostic the Genius quoted me. Are there any issues with me taking it to another Apple store for a 2nd opinion?

Would the 2nd store know I even took it to the 1st store?

2. macrumors 68040

Nov 3, 2011
    Call Apple - tell them you are dissatisfied and would request that another genius look at your laptop. Be kind and persistent.
  3. macrumors 6502

Dec 28, 2008
    Southern California
    More likely than not that there is a note about your visit. Depending on the outcome of the visit they may not have noted what their diagnosis was and it may just be ignored by another store. I took my first gen 06 MB to one apple store for a Bluetooth problem and another store a few weeks later for the same issue. There was no mention or question about my earlier visit to another store.
  4. macrumors 68030

Jul 21, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I do this all the time. If I don't get the answer I want at the apple store I will just explain the situation to someone else, until I get a better result. Apple prides itself in providing the best customer experience around...but there are some crappy employees in every company! If you still don't get a good experience, than call corporate office. They will make sure you are happy.