Don't mess with Granny!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by craigdawg, Jun 27, 2005.

1. craigdawg macrumors 6502

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8347518/

2. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

Tell that to the guy she shot. O thats right, he's dead.

Must have thought she has nothing to lose with being so old. who knows. I'll just make sure to walk the other way next time I see an old woman yelling at her boy toy

3. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Don't get on her bad side! I always thought old people were so nice and inocent. I guess not. Thats really unfortunate that she will probobly have to spend the rest of her presious years in prison.

4. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Hehe... at least the man didn't have to go through incontinence, alzeihmers, etc etc.

Should this lady go to Jail? I find it hard she'd do it again, and afterall, it was a crime of passion.

5. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

At her age, I'm suprised she has the strenght to pull the trigger! :D

Ah...isn't love beautiful...

6. lem0n macrumors regular

lem0n

wow... I thought people past 60 are more mellow, apparently that's not the truth. And the woman seems to have plenty of energy still, she was screaming at the officer. I wonder whatever happened to his new companion... Grief struck? Or is granny is going after her too??? :eek:

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

She had the gun since 1957 - that's nuts. I wonder if the bullets were that old....

Very weird, though, and sad....can't see her going to jail, though. Wouldn't be worth it. But keeping her on house arrest and preventing more incidents is definitely the way to go.

I can't even imagine being told my grandmother shot someone.... :eek:

D

8. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

9. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

When there was the case last year about the old man in Santa Monica running people over, my opinion was that he should not go to jail. There was no purpose because his crime was born of confusion and possible senility. Put him under house arrest and he won't do any harm.

But this is different. This woman knew exactly what she was doing, and that it was wrong. She also definitely could be a threat again. She shows no remorse. Sure, she's old, but as she just proved, you can still pull a trigger when you're old. What if she has some more grudges to clear up?

10. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

So what would you have done? It seems wrong to me to put an old woman behind bars for her last years...

11. lem0n macrumors regular

lem0n

and those ppl in jail would beat her to pulp [that's what they all say] I think house arrest would be fine since she wouldn't have have the physical ability to run away anyway [and there is no point in running away]. I bet her lover loves her now :D

12. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

It also seems wrong to kill another human being.

13. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I'm with QCassidy352 and xli_ne. This woman knowingly committed murder! What would I do? I'd put her behind bars. The sentence shouldn't be any different just because she's old. She's an adult and that means having all the responsibilities and living by the same rules all other adults do. I don't see how someone could think about just letting it go as if it were nothing.

14. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I wasn't saying letting her go as if nothing happened....imagine spend the rest of you life inside your house? It might not be the State Pen - but its still jail.

D

15. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I've heard that 80 is the new 50. I think he should be put away for a very long time for this atrocious attack on a fellow human being. Just because you are old does not make you immune to our justice system.

16. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Yikes! :eek:

She definitely has to face the consequences. If not real prison/jail, then at least house arrest - but for how long? The rest of her life? It does seem a bit harsh, but she did commit murder. You really shouldn't have sympathy just because she's an elderly woman.

17. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

18. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

Also have to realize that she killed someone's dad, grandpa, great-grandpa or how ever long the list goes and those people will not get to see him anymore.

19. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I agree.

20. mvc macrumors 6502a

mvc

21. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Like they always say there is nothing like a woman scorned. A very sad case. Certainly wouldn't want to be the prosecutor in this case. She can't be let go with out punishment.

22. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

What are you softies talking about? She KILLED someone. She should get the punishment that murderers get. Are there laws for "senior juveniles"? If there are, I haven't gotten the memo.

23. Flynnstone macrumors 65816

Flynnstone

24. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

Are you for real? The main purpose of jail is not rehabilition, or to protect the outside world, it's punishment.

25. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

Well, that may be the actual purpose of jail, but the supposed purpose of jail is in fact rehabilitation, which is why in the US all jails are in fact called "Correctional Facilities" and not "Jails."