Don't Piss My Daddy Off. -_-

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Hummer, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

Well, I made my dad mad (long story, stupid issue) and he takes my iBook away.

I found it once and let my sister use it hoping she would keep it in a spot that I would know where it was to know it would be safe. She rats me out that I found it and let her use it:mad:.

So this morning I'm "sleep" and I hear my dad going to take it from the spot that my sister put it because she tells him where it's at. He hides it somewhere else.

I'm wondering if it is possible for me to find it with my Linksys WiFi router. Even if it could just show that it's in the house or within the area of the router. Or. Even though it's sleep, is there anyway I can get it to make noise or something.
    Just ANYTHING so I can know it's in the house.

Right now I'm running my tower which is running ubuntu and compared to OS X, ubuntu sucks ass times 26544767654.

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

So you made your pops mad and he took away your ibook now you want to find it just to make sure its in the house....correct?

Don't worry I think he placed it in a safe place.....serves you right for doing what you did:) ..don't piss off the popz

Bless

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

The iBook is sleeping or, more likely, off. Nothing you can do to locate it.

It might be more worth your time to resolve the issue with your father instead of annoying him even more by trying to find it.

4. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

We've all done stupid things and been punished for them... sometimes we (at least thought) haven't done anything to deserve punishment and still were. But if you deserved such a punishment, just accept it... trying to circumvent your punishment and dragging your sister in to it all only makes it worse. Instead of trying to find your iBook, just ask your dad if it is in the house, then leave it at that.

5. Queso macrumors G4

Rather than all that, why not put your energies into talking to your Dad? Maybe you think challenging him to a cleverness contest is a good idea, but he holds all the cards. Whatever you did, think why he's upset, then once you realise go and apologise sincerely. That way he'll give it back.

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

And people wonder why the parents go to Mexico and try to sell their kids. :p

7. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    What happened to the days of taking a belt to your child when their being little bastards? Seriously.

8. Hummer thread starter macrumors 65816

Hummer

I've been punished before for things I know I should be punished for and I accepted the punishment. I also talked to my dad about the terms of my punishment after the arguement in a respectful manner.

This time though he has just gone to far over nothing and I refuse to talk to him in a respectful manner (or at all in this matter) because of a couple of things he said.

If you heard the story, you would say "you must have done more than that to have made him get that pissed off at you." And then I would say "nope, that's it."

I live in a medium sized home. If I can't find it after going through every cavity in this house, I have reason to believe he's hiding it somewhere outside the house, or that he took it with him to work.

9. Queso macrumors G4

Hummer, there's a general consensus here that you don't have a leg to stand on. Now take your punishment. It's not like he's eBayed the 'Book. You'll get it back when he feels you're sufficiently sorry.

10. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Amen to that. Kids are soft now, time to toughen them up again.

11. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

They didnt have ibooks to take away back then...

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm sure he has it safe.....lucky you didn't get the belt or a shoe....you'll get it back when he thinks you learned your lesson.

Broom is a good arse whooping tool

Bless

13. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

:eek: :eek: :eek:

14. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Actually, they're harder to chew when they're too tough. Tender is best.

Anyway, Hummer, if you do find it and he finds out that you found it, you're likely to lose it forever. Keep that in mind.

15. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

I love how you talk about spanking tools then say Bless.

Hilarious
    :D

16. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

At home they do call it a Blessing when you get a beating:D ...

Spanking tools......he he

Bless

17. 7on macrumors 601

7on

my mother used fly swatters and ping pong paddles - which ever was closer.

18. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Speaking as a step-parent of a teenager. (Harder job by an order of magnitude, cause I can't hit unless I am bleeding or have a broken bone) You may not have deserved the initial punishment of having your iBook taken away, then again you might have. Don't know the infraction but loss of one of the many computers strikes me as a minor punishment and the iBook is the convenient one to take. You definitely deserved to loose it after sneaking it back. Its like if you go to jail for a crime you didn't do, then kill someone inside they just let you out because you didn't steal the candy bar that got you there in the first place.

You are lucky he hasn't ebay'ed or something. There are precedents. Stories like that also tend to boost the value of the goods.

19. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

I know a virtual place where Irish Coffee is referred to "God's Blessings." And people say "Bless me father for I have thirst."

:)

/thank you sir, may I please have another.

20. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Don't you :eek: me! I'm serious. If children learned to fear and respect their elders, we wouldn't have so many kids running around shooting people, stealing, and just in general being nothing but little tyrants.

Did I have an ibook when I was a kid? Hell no, I was lucky if I had the current generation gaming console. And if my father took it away, and I tried to find it, I'd get the crap kicked outta me.

FEAR. RESPECT. every child should know those two things. And live by them.

anyway... I'm hungry....

21. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Usually a cavity search is a bit more personal and includes a rubber glove and a little lubricant if you are lucky. :eek:

22. Hummer thread starter macrumors 65816

Hummer

It would be best if I just told the story.

He wakes me up an hour before he's about to drop my sister off for tennis lessons.
    I already know I have to pick her up, but my dad wants me to go with him to drop her off and he wants me to wait there through her lesson in the heat for her to finish. Now he's going to be there until a half hour before her lesson ends which is technically the time I must be there to watch her and then take her home. I don't have to be there 'til he has to leave to go to work from the tennis. \

He wakes me up an hour before he's about to leave. He tells me to get ready. I wake up and I sit there in a daze. He calls my name and tells me to hurry up.
    I then tell him that there is no way I'll make it in time to come with him in the car and that he should just go drop her off instead of waiting for me to get ready and I'll be there to pick her up because the park where her lessons are is only a couple blocks away. So I start putting my clothes that I'm going to wear out on the bed quietly. And he runs into the room screaming that he's told me enough times to hurry up and get ready and that he's had enough. That's when he picks up my computer chair and acts like he's going to throw it at me and he throws it down and takes my iBook while saying "why should I ask you to do anything for me. Don't do anything for me anymore!!" and he hides the iBook. Now basically anything he wants me to do for him I do no questions asked. He really made no sense saying that. I took it literally as he doesn't want me to bring her home anymore after the lessons so I layed back down going to sleep. He comes back and he says you have one minute to get in that shower and get ready or next week you're grounded. I tell him that I told him to go and I'll be there before he has to leave to accompany her for her lessons. I also tell him I took his statement "don't do anything for me" literally. Then he makes this remark like oh boy he's using big words now and I'm just like... So he goes you have one minute to get ready or I'm getting the belt. It's like an half an hour before he has to leave and it takes me a half hour to shower and brush my teeth alone. I still have to iron my clothing and wash the gel out of my hair. I tell him again that I'll be there, but he goes "you don't know time, I can't have you doing that." And then he goes "so one minute and I'm getting the belt". At this moment I'm really pissed and I tell him he can go ahead and get the belt (I can take a beating). That's really all I want to say after that. A couple more statements he makes is where he goes way overboard and it's why I refuse to "talk out" the problem with him. I did get the belt, but it was like nothing to me so I will disregard that.

To make the ending shorter. I did pick up my sister and I did it the way I suggested because my mom butted in. And my way didn't involve me sitting in the heat for two hours.

23. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Lets get a taco...

24. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

There is definitely something else going on and perhaps you are being punished for something else but in a way its justified.

I also have to wonder about how long it takes you to get up in the morning. I understand the importance of personal grooming but...