Don't Save trick

Discussion in 'macOS' started by LunchBox8484, Oct 10, 2006.

1. LunchBox8484 macrumors member

Mar 5, 2006
    I'm sure this is old news to everyone, and it is fairly old to me, but I just thought i'd share it because I remember some thread asking about a similar Windows style tab-space for "clicking" buttons.

When closing a document and it prompts you to save, instead of using your mouse to click "Don't Save" you can just hit Apple+D.

I've also noticed it happens in others applications, Photoshop for example, when you have the option to Replace a file and Cancel is highlighted by default, you can hit Apple+R to do replace rather than using the mouse.

Maybe there is some sort of standard I dont know about, but I thought that was kinda cool
  2. crees! macrumors 68000

Jun 14, 2003
  3. wPod macrumors 68000

Aug 19, 2003
    Denver, CO
    wow, cool. i guess its kinda dumb i didnt know this. cause i am keyboard centric (dont like the mouse, it is very inefficient!) i am used to windows where when you have multiple choices such as do not save, then there is usually an underlined letter so all you have to do is press that letter to make that selection. most mac apps this doesnt work with, but now ill have to try the apple + letter to see if that works. i would be quite happy :)

i wonder if it works with contextual menus as well (like when you right click, or if you are selecting something from the menu bar of an application) im on a windows machine at work right now O:) so ill give it a try when i get back to my mac at home.