Don't Sh*t where you Eat! (Ladies!!)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wimic, Oct 12, 2006.

1. wimic macrumors regular

wimic

This was forwarded to me in an email recently. It's a little long winded - but it's an eye opener.

2. Lau Guest

I've heard this before, and yes, it is gross. After I'd heard it though, I don't think I'd ever put a bag on the floor of a toilet, and I don't think I'd put a bag on a kitchen worktop or somewhere that I'd prepare food (partly because most of my bags could definitely do with a wash), but I possibly have done it without thinking. I know I wouldn't think twice about putting a carrier bag full of food down on the street to find my keys, and thinking about it I'd then put it down in the kitchen. I'm also definitely prone to chucking my bag under a table in a restaurant or pub.

I'm not sure it's just for ladies though — I carry messenger bags and rucksacks usually, and so I think it's something everyone could look out for — in fact it's more likely to be larger bags that you have to dump on dirty floors while you do something else as they're heavier and bulkier. Handbag sized bags you can still wear when you pee or hang on a chair back in a pub.

Having said that, the idea's gross, but I wonder how hard it actually is to get food poisoning from it — there's lots of stuff that's been touching dirty things — shoes, jean hems, socks in changing rooms in shops, handrails, all sorts of stuff. I don't worry too much about that kind of thing unless something's really obviously disgusting) and have never had food poisoning, so maybe a few germs boost your immune system. :p

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Not that I use a purse, but an interesting read nonetheless. :)

4. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

(wonders when bag manufacturers will cotton onto this and come out with antibacterial bottoms)

5. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Yeah we know, it is your "Man Bag" :)

6. azzurri000 macrumors 6502

I'm a bit of a germophobe, so I never put anything on the floor in the bathroom, including a purse. Ick, though. Reading this article really makes me want to go and clean my favourite purse...

7. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Thats right, and don't forget it 840quadra. :p ;) :D :)

8. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

There are hooks on most bathroom stalls where you can hang your handbag. Disgusting just thinking about it!

9. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

I use those hanger things on the restroom doors all the time. But on the occasion that there are none then my shoulder-bag does go on the ground as far away from where I'm taking a cr*p as possible.

Oh, and remote controls for hotel/motel TVs are also very disgusting and contaminated by people who don't wash after taking a cr*p.

10. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

The next time a woman swings her purse at me, I'll make double sure to duck quickly.

11. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Good idea Josh. :D :)

12. azzurri000 macrumors 6502

Does this occur often?! Haha ;)

13. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Halarious. Set your purse on a dining table when there's butt mud all over the bottom of it. Just another reason why women are dirtier than men.

14. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

I'm counting my blessings so far :)

15. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

I can understand how ANYTHING on a bathroom floor could be seen as "dirty" I would like to think that a female bathroom is at least cleaner than a male bathroom.

Men can aim, women can not.

Men think its awesome to pee on a public toilet, everywhere BUT the toilet.

So its my thought process that the floor of a girls bathroom has had nothing but a mop, bleach, toilet paper, and perhaps the occasional vomitous mass on it.

While a mans bathroom has had anything and everything touch its floor.

So I dont think a purse on a bathroom floor, of a ladies room, is so bad when you think about it.

16. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Thanks for the info..I'll make sure to look out for purse bumping in the subway.

Bless

17. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

What about shoes - they are everywhere you don't want to be....think of what must be on the bottom of them - always take them off lest you track the 'mud' and bacteria around your house...

...hey, what's for dinner? ;)

18. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

Yeah ok.

19. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

this is just like how doorknobs are dirtier than toilet seats. makes sense. and disturbing how dirty some things are. ew.

20. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

Like my PENDULOUS WANG, for example.

21. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

wuts the problem?

if someone gave me a choice:

eat something off a mens bathroom floor
    eat something off a womans bathroom floor

id choose the womans.

but if I had another choice, id punch the person asking me to do this stupid thing and run like hell.

22. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

That's why you should opt for the clutch rather than the "black hole" purse.

23. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

If you eat your sh*t, that would make you a coprophage. :p

24. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

Given that I've been in both spaces on several occasions...

The men's room has ALWAYS, without question, been MUCH cleaner than the women's room.

Even if I thought the men's room was the most vile place on Earth, the ladies would always surprise me.

I've yet to find a men's room at the same place that is dirtier than the women's room.

The ladies room is a filthy, filthy place.