Don't you just love the integration between iPhone and iPad on iOS 7?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by tymaster50, Aug 17, 2013.

1. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Tis a thing of beauty, now if they would fix the scaled wallpapers cause it looks even worse on iPad.

2. macrumors 68020

3. macrumors 6502a

Actually that was suppose to be a feature of iOS 7. But I have not seen it. For example, if I check my email on my phone. It is suppose to show on my iPad that it was checked already. But it doesn't do that though.

4. macrumors 6502

BadaBing!!

Same here .. Maybe not enabled yet

5. macrumors regular

This has been a feature ever since iOS 5...

6. macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

What ? I think you read it backwards :)

The feature introduced with iOS7 is notification sync which (if used fully) should sync the same set of notifications across multiple devices.

So if I swipe away a new email alert on iphone, the same alert on the iPad should disappear as well.

This does not happen for iCloud. What you are seing is the server side implementation for Exchange, etc where when you read an email, its marked read on server side thus pushing the same state to other devices using the same email (Nothing to do with the notification sync)

7. macrumors 6502a

This is what I was talking about. Notifications should now sync across all of your iOS 7 devices. But they don't on my ipad and iPhone. Perhaps it has not been fully implemented yet. But it does not quite work like they showed in the presentation when they showed off iOS 7.

8. macrumors 6502

9. macrumors regular

I didn't read it backwards... he said

To me, it seems like he is saying that the email showing as read wasn't syncing. "Checking email" does not at all mean the same thing as "Swipe the notification on the lock screen."

10. macrumors member

I was looking forward to notification syncing since the keynote showed it on one of their slides, however it has yet to work on my iPhone or iPad either :(

11. macrumors 6502a

ethan028