Dont you just Love Xmas?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Kempik, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Kempik macrumors newbie

Ok drama drama,

My Fiancée said 3 weeks ago she would like the pink Ipod Mini and of course no retailers now stock the mini its the nano. HOWEVER I have noticed for an £22 or so I can get the ipod video with laser engraving. I think long term this is the better buy however I have been reading that the itunes (video downloads) so far is only for the USA, and that I cant take a DVD and rip it onto the IPOD.

Now I have seen articles contradicting that, so I was hoping that you folks could answer a few questions.

o If you can rip a DVD to the ipod for good quality sound and picture what size can you get the rip down to? +-[ok found the answer for this seems to be anything between 800-1.2GIG]

o Does anyone know when the itunes (again for videos) will be available for Europe

Many thanks in advance

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

There is a number of ways to rip a DVD to the iPod, searching the forums will show you them. I have ripped a number of movies and just set the size to about 400 - 600MB and they look fine - just make sure the bitrates are OK.