Doom 3 imac c2d problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by speakerwizard, Oct 6, 2006.

1. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

Hi guys, i was really happy with my doom3 benchmarks on my new 24" iMac core2duo, until that is, i tried to actually play it, when leaving the mars base on the 1st level, the game shows the laoding page as normal, but then returns to the startup menu, i have tried several times but just keeps doing it, is anyone else having this trouble or know of a fix, emailed aspyr, but nothing yet.
    by the way, i have the intel patch installed.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Try it in Windows? I'm playing it at the moment and it's flawless.

3. speakerwizard thread starter macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

Hi, the point is, i already own it for mac, and dont wanna use windows anymore than is necessary

4. dollystereo macrumors 6502a

dollystereo

Mmm i had the same issue some time ago, but i dont remember the fix, It has a fix, I think it has something to do with the antialiass, try the config screen (before the game loads) and turn off antialiass.
    Good luck. (Its a very annoying bug)

5. speakerwizard thread starter macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

thanks dollystereo, took on board what you said but it appeard to be the openAL being switched on that did it, for those also searching for a solution, go to the advanced settings by holding command key (apple key) whilst double clicking the doom icon (not dock alias) and uncheck openAL (this is also where you can select the full resolution on a 24" imac