Doom 3 Leaked!

Discussion in 'Games' started by evolu, Aug 2, 2004.

1. applekid macrumors 68020

What a revelation. :rolleyes:

Seriously, no surprise. It's supposed to be out today at one of our local Best Buys, so why not.

2. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Dude, you're a day late... people have been playing it since yesterday... :cool:

3. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

LOL, since yesterday! I first played it over a year ago when the 2003 E3 demo was leaked.

Edit: or was is the 2002 E3 demo? Has it been that long?

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

thats hardly a leak, a couple days in advanace. i wouldn't even want to download this, its 6 cd's. i would rather buy the game, its looks well worth the money as well.

edit: 6 cd's was just a rumor, actually just 3 cd's, so not near as bad.

iJon

5. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Heh, I was looking at Suprnova last night and I noticed "Doom 3 Full" Seeds: 1 Downloads: 4986

Man, poor guy has absolutely NO bandwidth left. lol

If you want to play Doom3. Buy it. Pay the guys that spent 4+ years of their life on one game.

6. javabear90 macrumors 6502a

javabear90

gosh there are about 15 different seed on suprnova.org :eek: :eek: one must work ;) whoops just kidding :rolleyes: ;)

7. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

I wonder how many of those 50,000 people would have bought Doom 3 if they hadn't pirated it. I highly doubt that it really would translate into 50,000 purchases of the game. I bet many of those people would never even bother checking the game out if it weren't for P2P. However, I hope that those who check it out and like it will buy it.

8. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Yeah. I would hope at least 1/3 of the folks are pirating just to see how well their system handles the game, and then will buy afterward if they have good results.

Man, I know how it is to buy a Computer game then install it and see how horribly it runs. :(

9. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

I end up downloading games I want to buy to try them out first... this is what kept me from buying Halo for mac.

Honestly, if you wait 3 months to buy Doom 3, it will probablybe $20 cheaper, and actually have mods out for it that make it worth playing online.

10. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502

i am not surprised this game leaked i could see this coming for a long time

11. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

i just hope this doesn't push back the release date cause that will stink but, we all know it will prob be pushed back.

12. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Um isn't it already out?

13. johnnowak macrumors 6502

Man I hate shooters, but I just watched the trailer and it looks -brilliant-.

Think my 1.25ghz Powerbook can run it?

14. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

not for the mac or linux platforms. I don't really follow PC gaming just the mac scene

500th post yea here i come avatar!!!

15. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

If you really want a feast for the eyes, you should try to download the trailer in 640x480 like I downloaded a few months ago.

Also, go read IGN's hands-on preview for more.

16. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

The Windows one was officially released today. I could go into town and buy it right now if I wanted to :)

17. vasaz macrumors member

This is a lengthy performance article on a bunch of PC systems running Doom 3:

http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQ0

It sounds like the game is enjoyable/playable on the min system req with an ancient video card. This gives me hope that the new powerbooks will handle it okay once it's released :rolleyes:

18. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

iriejedi

23 inch Doom!

I can't wait to see it on my 23 inch Apple Display

19. TheGimp macrumors 6502

It's rumored also that some guy hacked the binaries for Open GL, and thus there's a (somewhat buggy) MAC version floating around that's supposed to run great on a 9800 Pro G5 single. Anyway, you don't want to pirate this game. The ones who are stealing it will not enjoy it as much, and many of them will end up buying it anyway to play multiplayer. Moreover, D3 is the kind of game where you want the whole package in your hands to caress and the manual for bathroom reading (sorry!). Seriously! Paying the price of admission helps maximize the up-front gratification without hassle. As far as lost sales, I don't think Id is worrying. They've weathered every kind of Doom theft over the years - of anything, it has added to the value of the franchise by recruiting a huge number of players into the fps market who might not have otherwise gotten into it (i.e. the cool chubby blond chick in the cubicle at work). Brand recognition helped the franchise permeate the console markets early on, and D3 will go platinum on the XBOX and sell movie rights and so on (like Resident Evil). They are SET! But you still want to buy a copy, trust me...

20. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Tell me how it runs at 1920x1200 with all settings on max :)

21. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

i was wondering where all of my bandwidth went..........

LOL

22. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

so you got hacked and someone is using you to seed the torrent? you poor soul...

23. garybUK Guest

garybUK

Well all the people i know who 'obtained' a copy have done so because they are not releasing this game in the UK until the 13th, i know its only 10 days but why should we wait? I mean half of this game was developed in Wimbledon!

It does look a awesome game though.

24. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

I am 96% done downloading doom 3, BUT I will be going to Walmart once a day to purchase it until its there. I am not sure when it will come in though, because I think it ships today, meaning it probably won't be on the shelves for at least two days. So technically I am pirating, but I am paying for the software in a few days. (Maybe twice because my brother and I are going to want to play on the internet together, it may be as strict as blizzard games for that!)