Doom 3 on a dual 1.8

Discussion in 'Games' started by raccoons4sale, Feb 24, 2005.

1. raccoons4sale macrumors newbie

Feb 24, 2005
    with doom 3's recommended (not minimum) system requirements being a 2.0 g5 or better, how will a dual 1.8 with a x800 perform? i know the game isn't out yet, but it should run fairly smooth, no?
  2. JordanNZ macrumors 6502a

Apr 29, 2004
    Auckland, New Zealand
    It should run ok with that card.. Will have to wait and see though. But you should be fine.
  3. Drgnhntr macrumors regular

Nov 4, 2004
    San Diego
    Does Doom 3 fully support multiple processors?
  4. Ringo macrumors regular

Mar 30, 2004
    I don't think so...
  5. socamx macrumors 6502

Oct 7, 2004
    I wouldn't be surprised if Doom 3 goes the 2k4 route and dumps sound processing on the second processor.
  6. trailblazer macrumors member

Aug 27, 2004
    quake3 supports smp..on windows/linux...dont know about mac.

there may be some kind of hidden support. you'll have to wait until its released!
  7. unixkid macrumors member

Jan 25, 2004
    The Mac version of Quake is smp too. Thats why Macs are so much faster than a PC in Quake.

I hope Doom 3 for mac is multiprocessor aware too.
  8. James L macrumors 6502a

Apr 14, 2004
    As you said, the game isn't out. Any answer you get is going to be a guess at best.

Unless of course you see a post from John Carmack... believe that one!
  9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    Knowing that Aspyr did the conversion, it's probably awful. Lately, it seems things are bloated since Westlake are not doing the conversions. Yes, I know that Glenda is at Aspyr now but Brad was the better one at porting.
  10. a2daj macrumors member

Sep 14, 2004
    Brad works for Aspyr and has for over a year now. Most of the Mac developers at Aspyr are ex-Westlake employees. Glenda doesn't do any coding. She's managing now.