DOOM 3 (on intel macs)

Discussion in 'Games' started by truz, Mar 1, 2006.

1. truz macrumors 6502a

truz

Hello,

I just got Doom 3 in the mail today from an ebay auction I won a few days ago. I wanted to load it up so I can see how well it runs on my intel iMac. I seem to be getting this error of missing files when joining online servers. Any idea where to find these missing files?

2. Striderdm1 macrumors regular

Striderdm1

hi, now this might sound like a daft question but after a successful installation did u upgrade to v1.3A ? Also, what exactly does the error msg say? (with u saying ebay rather than a new purchase i always worry whether they made a note of the reg.no - if so then this might produce problems when playing online as only one at once will be able to play) :?

cheers, Strider

3. truz thread starter macrumors 6502a

truz

I'm missing like maps or mod packs or something. It says I'm missing files to play on this server and can not download them from this server.

The game was brand new sealed in box (never opened).

I also have the latest patch installed as well (1.3 A) I had to search google for the download tho as doom3.com I did not see it nor would the game auto download it for some reason..

4. Striderdm1 macrumors regular

Striderdm1

ah well that's something the server is running then. Do they have a web site to download the maps from (does d3 have an option to download missing maps). I get the impression that this is the case and it's nothing to do with a faulty purchase.. I too cannot get on some servers for games like CoD and MoH until i've been back to the web and manually downloaded them, but some servers do let u auto-download from within the game (but this is usually slowwww)

Strider