DOOM 3 stuck mouse cursor...

Discussion in 'Games' started by crachoar, Apr 17, 2005.

1. crachoar macrumors 6502a

I'm running Sidetrack (Powerbook Trackpad - no external mouse or crazy drivers) - which I don't think is the problem...but...

Basically, what happens is, when I boot DOOM 3 - the mouse cursor (from OSX) is stuck at the center of the screen and never goes away.

I was wondering if anybody here had this problem and if they'd found a work-a-round for it?

2. andrewfee macrumors 6502

I had this happen with Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, and I read that DivX can cause this problem in some games.

The solution was to remove the DivX decoder, or temporarily move it out of its folder. I don't have it on my system so I can't remember exactly where that is, but it was somewhere in my Library. (check to see if there's a plug-ins folder, or a quicktime folder it could be in)

3. crachoar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I remember reading about divx causing the problem as well...I'll try that.

Still - that's pretty lame.

So did you ever find a work around for that? From what I gather from your post - you didn't even have divx on your system and it still did it?

4. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Sometimes I'm too lazy to remove the Divx codec from my Quicktime folder and I play with the stuck cursor on the screen. It doesn't bother me in the least.

5. crachoar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, not as much as the lackluster 5fps performance... :mad:

6. 173080 macrumors 6502

Sometimes I use that DivX codec flaw on purpose in Quake III (Urban Terror Mod) so I can have an accurate crosshair with some weapons. :D

7. Santaduck macrumors 6502a

Santaduck

Haha, I've heard of people using a magic marker dot on their (glass) monitor screens to the same effect.

Anyhow, the solution to the stuck mouse divx issue can be had at Macologist:
    http://www.macologist.org/viewtopic.php?t=808&