Doom 3 Xbox

Discussion in 'Games' started by ZildjianKX, Mar 27, 2005.

1. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

As some of you know, Doom 3 is about to be released for Xbox. Like most things, it was released early on the internet (I'm not saying I'm for or against it, just saying). With that said, my friend downloaded a copy to try out before he gets his retail copy in April just to see how the Xbox version compares.

I must saying, after we put about 2 hours into it, it runs silky smooth and is fantastic. Running at 480p at a smooth framerate, the game was actually *FUN* compared to the herky-jerkiness I get on my G5 at 640x480. The game actually seems better fit for a console FPS for some reason too.

If anyone is considering getting Doom 3 on the mac and you already have an Xbox, you really might want to reconsider, especially with the co-op mode and how smooth the game is. You won't be dissapointed.

2. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

from what I have seen, the graphics look horrible compared to how I play it on my Mac. I know to get it to run on the Xbox hardware, they had to basically butcher the graphics.

I know graphics arnt everything... but I think i'll stick with it on my Mac ;)

3. ZildjianKX thread starter macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

I don't know, it looks absolutely fantastic in progressive scan... very, very smooth. Can't say I didn't tell you :)

4. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

I actually want this for my Xbox. If it won't run on my iBook, the Xbox is the next best thing.