doom3 demo mac soon

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ninja_Turtle, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

Apr 28, 2004
    Fullerton, California
    so the pc demo for doom3 is out and according to the linux and mac version arent far from being out...anyone know a little more on the subject? perhaps a date for the mac version or system requirements?
  2. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

Jan 2, 2004
    The Northlands
    The idea that the mac version is coming out soon is news to me. I thought we'd have to wait till MWSF...
  3. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

May 3, 2004
    Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
    The rumored system requirements are a G5 for processor.
  4. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

Nov 19, 2003
    although we all know those specs are very fake.
  5. Veldek macrumors 68000

Mar 29, 2003
    I think id originally stated that the Mac version will follow after the demo version for PC, though not giving a timeframe. But some hints I read here and there make me believe that it's not too far away, but this could just be wishful thinking.
  6. wPod macrumors 68000

Aug 19, 2003
    Denver, CO
    er. . . demo? if i am not mistaken doom3 is already out in full version for the PC

and i just read in macaddict that doom 3 for mac will be released when it is ready. or at least thats what the company creating doom 3 said. there is no set date, just whenever they get everything done. but that is the full version, i dont know much about a demo verion.
  7. Barham macrumors regular

Feb 5, 2004
    Yes, the Demo. The full version did come out a while back, but id was more focused on getting a demo out for the PC crowd that wanted to try before they buy than on the Mac crowd. It wont be too long, but I've seen Doom3 on PC and the requirements are gonna be pretty damn steep (at least for acceptable performance which is up for debate in about a thousand threads already).

8. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2004
    Yes, they have realesed demos after the game. BF1942 and CoD mac demos were just realesed. Well not really the CoD one, but fairly recent. But this is good. I can download the demo on my iBook and just fool with the settings. I wouldn't even bother buying Doom 3 until a iMac G5 comes into my house though.