Dorm Violence....

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Lord Blackadder, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Link

The students just moved in on Sunday, and this kind of stuff is already going down?! :eek: :eek:

2. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

lol, of course it already happened, the best weekend of college is the first weekend!!! everyone has no real obligations (come on its just the first day of class) so all the crazy stuff happens. i bet the assaliant slept with the victims bf and so the victim put up the hidden camera to catch the assaliant next time. then a cat fight ensued and the assaliant is pinned down on the ground with clothes ripped off then reaches for something grabs an electric cord and the hot iron procedes to fall on the head of the victim! heh. . . . this all while there was a pillow fight going on with the rest of the girls in the dorm!!! ahh. . . college life. . . though i do find it ineteresting that they didnt mention anything about alcohol, alcohol always seems to be one of the first things mentioned in college stories "alcohol was likely to be blamed for an assult this weekend" or such.

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

That's sort of sad, maybe the attacker (who thought her roomie had hidden a camera by the way) has a mental illness... I mean, that's a pretty far-out accusation, and a really extreme reaction. :eek:

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yeah that's sad.

Next up: Stories about the rash of alcohol and hazing related deaths as the Greeks recruit their n00bs and college freshman struggle with How Much Alcohol Is Too Much Alcohol.

A couple years ago we had a student wandering down the middle of Highway 1 near the college at like 3 AM drunk off his ass. He got hit and killed by a guy who works for a local radio station. Had another die of a suspected GHB OD due to fraternity initiation pressures, and yet another one killed when he tried to beat the train across the track on his bicycle (he was sober, just stupid.) And of course there was the girl who walked home alone after drinking heavily at a local club. She was followed by a predator, abducted off the bridge that I could see from my place at the time, raped and killed.

So be smart and think safe college kids. I know it's not cool, but try it anyway.

5. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

It's because of all this happy slappy crap that I refuse to live in the dorms or join a frat. Sure, I may miss out on meeting some really cool people but it's all the pointless drama that I can not stand.

6. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

7. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

what's so funny about someone else's name? :confused: don't be an ass.

this is a scary story... not a good way to start school...

8. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

ahhhh. i love my single room at school :D
    remind me of the time when an upper-classmen drove straight instead of turning right or left (you can only go left/right) out of my school and landed his car into a neighbor's swiming pool :rolleyes:

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

wow - all that for a hidden camera? weirdness.

i never really liked dorm life, but I survived and consider it something you should do for at least a year - especially Freshman year.

But that's quite sad - especially the fact that the burn could leave a scar....

D

10. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I'm guessing that ol' Sharronda is a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

11. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

A lot of kids go to school and either go off their meds or begin to adjust their dosages on their own (especially if there's been a long-held resistance to those meds in the first place). Don't mean to presume (though I guess I'm actively presuming), but it sounds like that could be the case here ....

12. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Sharronda was just "Keeping it Real" (Re: Chappelle Show)

13. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong is one of the funnier skits. Then again aren't they all? :rolleyes:

14. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

It wasn't her room mate that hid that camera...it was me. :D

Oh, what nice shots I got! Ooooo, this one's my favorite... :D :D :D

15. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Ouch :eek: Amazing it was female on female incident. Wonder if there really was a camera?

16. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

You're surprised that one woman attacked another woman? Have you ever watched Jerry Springer? Every episode can pretty much be paraphrased like this:

TT* 1: "Ho, donchu be messin' wif MY man!"
    TT 2 (shaking hand dismissively): "Oh no you DIDDEN."
    TT 1: "Bitch!"
    TT 2: "Skank!"
    (fight ensues)

* TT = trailer trash

;)

17. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

I wonder if the hidden camera caught the incident on tape?!? :D

18. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

Are you at school at BGSU by any chance? Just curious, because that's where my fiancee and I go to school, and of course we both lived in Harshman Anderson a floor above where this stuff happened (though, mercifully, a couple of years ago).

19. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Wow. Glad I left the dorms after my first year.

20. paulypants macrumors 6502a

paulypants

With a name like that I am not surprised ny her actions... sorry.

21. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

...or missing a few buttons off her remote control.

Well, frankly, this is pathetic. I've met people at this age who took their lives and others into their own hands. Some of you have probably heard me say this before, but it is true. The IDF, which is made up of people this age, doesn't have issues like this. Sad that young people can't be more mature. You don't need to be drafted into the military to be more mature, but so far, most of the news articles have shown that the most mature 18 year olds are in the military.

22. durruti macrumors regular

durruti

lol--at the most mature 18 year olds are in the military comment.

gross overgeneralization and simplification of what went down...

Usually, i just lurk here, but now, i'm a postin.

23. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Rather confused here. I'm asking why more people can't be like the men and women in the IDF. Mature and not drunk and/or high and/or stupid. I've got quite a bit of respect for someone who can say that they actually are in charge of someone else's life, and their decisions and their timing of decisions can save their life and the people who's lives they are in charge of.

Would you want that responsibility? The people in the story I wouldn't want to have it. They aren't ready or it, now and possibly ever.

Oh, and congrats on registering.

24. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

Pfft :p Not in the Navy I was in.

25. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

You folks (by quoting you I don't mean to single you out, Mechcozmo) are breaking my heart. An incident like this has much less to do with maturity and much more to do with chemical imbalance -- or are we arguing that 45 year old businessmen never attack those nearby with that which is closest to hand? Maturity comes and goes in spurts (it's recursive) -- it's not an ongoing thing you either do or do not have.

I'm also wary of "military maturity." There is something beautiful and human in being lost -- in not knowing what "the right thing to do" is. To be human is to be, at least in part, up front and honest in our desperation. Sharronda's actions (and the implicit racism in the mockery of her name upsets me) demanded a courage that few of us in this forum could summon, and they reflect an emotional depth that many of us have never plumbed.

All of this is not a slight against those who are 18 and "responsible." But god knows we also need 18 year olds to challenge the very defiinition of "responsibility" we so readily impose (and presuppose).

:(