DOSBox..How to run games on it?

Discussion in 'Games' started by dan-o-mac, Oct 11, 2005.

1. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

2. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

ok dos is alil weird to work with ive used it for about 5-6 years on a windows machine cause it didnt have windows at the time. well anyway type dir press enter that shows you a list of files that are in the directory you are in when you see the list there is a way to tell the directory's from the program's if it has like .exe .dll or .whatever its a file any thing with nothing beside it is a directory. ok now to get into the directory type cd (whatever the directory's name is that you want to enter) and press enter now to go back into the directory you came from type cd.. press enter. now how to change drives in dos is simple drive c is your hdd and d is normaly your cd rom
    type d: press enter then you will be on another drive most likely your cd rom
    to get back on the hdd type c: press enter now you should be back on the hdd. now if you install a game with the dos box find the directory that the game is and type install or setup press enter thats the normal installer that most games in dos used now once in the installer choose your hdd witch is c: and chose a directory to install to once done look for the directory and type dir to look for the .exe and type the name of the file in without the .exe and press enter

i hope you could understand this if now let me know

3. dan-o-mac thread starter macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

:eek: :confused: I think I'm more confused now than before. Just kidding I'm gonna sit down tomorrow morning with a nice hot cup of coffee and give it a try. I'll let you know how everything goes. Thanks :D

4. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

here is what i should have done in the first place look here and scroll down till you see vital dos commands in big letters and look threw all of them to show you how to navagate in dos. its sorda hard for me to explain somthing in text i guess im dumb like that but if we was p2p you would be running every thing in dos right now