dose ut 2k3 have higher system specs than the demo

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mord, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

I want ut2k3 and the demo runs fine(1024x768 rez) on my g4 cube 450 mhz dose this mean that the full version will or what as lots of people say it runs all crapy on a 1ghz g4 and not at all on a iMac

(my cube beats most other g4's on bench marks)

thanks

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

the big outdoor levels seem to eat frames, also what resolution do you play at? i was getting lag on the big outdoors so went down to 800 x 600 and seems ok now this is at high settings this is on a quicksilver 1.33 & geforce3. i would say you wont be able to play at 1024 or you will have to put the settings way down,details,smoke,shadows,eye candy. playing some of this stuff with everything turned down is no fun to me. one good thing is you can allways increase the speed of the cube.

3. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

UT2k3 runs fine on a 450mhz processor? I find that kinda hard to believe. Unless you enjoy watching a slideshow, it runs far from well.

Anyway, the full version should run about the same, although it has MUCH larger levels that will kill the framerate.

4. Mord thread starter macrumors G4

Mord

theres this amazing thing called looking alfter your computer runing utilitys regulaly ect. (my hd is 7200rpm, 704mb ram 15" lcd stud disp. 10.3 by the way)

I have no idea how some peoples macs run so slow compared to mine any one elce ran ut2k3 on a cube or is it just mine?

ive included a utility that I use regully
    it dose all the clean up tasks your mac dose when it boots up (osx)
    (cant spell sorry im 14 and deslexic)

5. Mord thread starter macrumors G4

Mord

cant find the link but its called mac janitor

6. BIGgui_X_ macrumors member

any of you guys know how to install an ut 2003 umod on osx ?

i really dont know how !

:S

thanks

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I think you're just lucky that it runs at all. I know people with single G4/800 machines who can barely run most maps. The outdoor maps were almost unplayable for my dual G4/800 prior to a switch from GeForce2MX card to GeForce4MX.

8. iHack macrumors regular

Hmmm. I'm thinking of getting UT2k3 as I enjoy the demo so much. I have a 17" 1 Ghz iMac and the demo runs acceptably well - when I have, say, 8 bots shooting each other up all in the Antalus temple at the same time it gets quite choppy, but otherwise it's OK.

Does this new patch I read about really improve things? the authors claim 25%!

tnx, M.

9. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

new patch helped a lot, smoothed out my outdoor levels.im still using jag as ill wait for 10.3.1 or.2 go ahead and get ut2k3 its only 20 bucks and with the patch it should run fine on that imac but you may want to back down from 8 to say 6 enemys. Great game!

10. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

The patch has made some of the choppy moments smooth. I can't say that it's a lot faster, since it's not supposed to affect the duals as much as the singles, but it is an improvement. :)

Now, if Ryan just had some time for the original UT port...

11. Sailfish macrumors regular

I just got finished with all the levels on UT2003 (in less than 3 days, it's no Quake) and it's a nice game running on my Dual G5 w/ 1.5 GB RAM and 23" Cinema (it doesn't use the whole screen)

I tried it on my 800mhz eMac and it was horrible, even if I turned everything off and made a tiny window, it still ran like a pig. The demo and the system requirements are very misleading.

I wouldn't recommend anything under 2ghz for this game and a fast video card, over at Accelerate Your Mac you can get specific details.

Probably why the UT2003 price has dropped lately, but hopefully they have met their quota, they would have sold more units if they made it as friendly as the specs called for.

It's a nice game, hopefully more like it will appear from this company.

12. Hawaii's Boy macrumors newbie

So...

So What are your names in Unreal Tournament 2k3

mine is {CoB}CatOfWar

13. BIGgui_X_ macrumors member

I have a dual G4 1.25, 1.5 gig RAM, radeon 90000, and it ust run super fine ine 1280x1024... so, a ghz with a radeon 9000 should be able to rune the game juste fine

14. Mord thread starter macrumors G4

Mord

yeah but what about a 450 cube (gfrce2) that runs the level fine in 1024x768 resolution?