Double-arrow scroll bars

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Deepdale, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

My brother-in-law uses Panther on his iMac and he is curious to know if up and down scroll arrows can be displayed at both the top and bottom part of windows. I believe that should be possible, but does bringing it about involve something other than going into System Preferences and changing settings? Once done, will it remain that way for all applications?

I entered "double-arrow scroll bars" in the search box and it did not come up with any matches. Thanks for helping out.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

The Appearance pane of System Preferences gives you the choice of having the arrows at either end of the scrollbar or having the together. :)

Is this what you were after or do you want both up and down arrows at both the top and the bottom of the scrollbar? If so, I don't know how to do this. :eek:

3. Deepdale thread starter macrumors 68000

Deepdale

I am sure he meant having up and down arrows at top and bottom. Since I am using OS 9.1, I was clueless as to helping him.

Update: How good is Google? Scary good! I found the answer ... it can be done using either TinkerTool or the Terminal application.

http://db.tidbits.com/getbits.acgi?tbart=07301

4. ahunter3 macrumors 6502

TinkerTool will let you do it under OS X.

(I've done my Macs that way since System 6 and an INIT called Scroll2.)