Downgrade to Upgrade - PowerBook vs. iBook G4

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Nov 29, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 6502a

Santaduck

hahaha how true. The newer topend iBooks have definitely enroached upon PB territory, or even surpassed the older PBs, which is what the article title is about. For the same price would you get the smallest PB or the largest fastest iBook? hmmm. Hard choice, I might opt for the iB, even when comparing the current models.

3. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I had trouble connecting to the site, so here's the article for anyone else who has problems.

4. macrumors 601

cb911

ha ha, they call that an 'article'. :D

aahhh... i'd completely forgotten about PowerPage until i saw this MacByte...

but anyway, yes, i think everyone looking for a new 'Book these days will find the choice difficult. correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems that any (or i should say the 'majority' of) people buying PowerBooks only make that choice because they want the "PowerBook" look and feel, not because of performance.

i do wish Apple would just give us some hints about the PowerBook G5....

*hint hint*

:D

5. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

If there was (as stated) "no difference in performance" why bother? I would hope that the iBook would be faster!

6. macrumors 68040

maya

Great, Steve J walk on stage and introduces the new PowerHotPlate G5 that will replace the PowerBook @ MWSF 05. The crowd goes wild and there is utter chaos at the Keynote. Hours later Steve J has a neck brace. :D Okay I am evil so bite me :p ;) :)

7. macrumors member

hu? so the ibook is more durable than the powerbook? or the other way around?

8. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

The article's assertion is that the iBook is more durable.

9. macrumors regular

palusami

so true. it took me a long time to decide on whether to buy a pb or an ib. in the end, one of the main reasons i went with a pb is coz i liked the titanium look. you do get a lot of bang for your buck with the ib tho. ;)