Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ypants

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2016
Hello,

I would love if some one can help me with down grading my iOS system

im iPad 3 running 9.3.5 and i want to go back to 9.3.3

any help will be much appreciated

Ypants

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2016
any ideas of how to jail break 9.3.5 and install cydia?

Abadi

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2018
any ideas of how to jail break 9.3.5 and install cydia?
yes you can jailbreak by phoenix::
1) Download Cydia Impactor to your computer.

2) Download Phœnix to your computer.

3) Launch Impactor and connect your device to your computer. Make sure your device is shown connected.

4) Drag the Phoenix.ipa onto Cydia Impactor.

Screen-Shot-2017-08-07-at-16.15.37.png

5) Enter your Apple ID at the prompt.

6)a) If you don’t have two-step verification turned on for your Apple ID, enter your Apple ID password.

6)b) If you have two-step verification turned on, you must log in to the Apple ID website, create an app-specific password, and enter that into Impactor instead of your normal password.

yalu-beta-two-step.png

7) When Impactor has installed the .ipa, check that the Phœnix app has appeared on your Home screen.

8) Open Settings on your device and navigate to General – Device Management.

9) Select the profile named after the Apple ID you entered into Impactor. Press the Trust button to trust the jailbreak app on your device.

10) Once you have trusted Phœnix, launch it from the Home Screen.

11) Press the Prepare for Jailbreak button, then Begin Installation, then Use Provided Offsets, and wait.

Phoenix-Installation.png

12) Your device should respring, and the Cydia app should have appeared on your Home screen. If it doesn’t launch, re-open the jailbreak app and press Kickstart Jailbreak to enable it. This may take several tries to work. You will know it has worked when the app reports Your device is jailbroken, and not Your device is prepared for jailbreak, but the jailbreak is not enabled.

Phoenix-kickstart.png

13) In future, you will only have to go through the Kickstart Jailbreak screen, not the other installation screens. You will have to run the app once after every reboot. The app may take several tries to successfully jailbreak.

after that you can downgrade with these steps::

This full tutorial should help you downgrade from ios 9.3.5 to (ios 8.4.1) which you can jailbreak. :D There is no need for any SHSH blobs as this method works over-the-air! It works great on my mini 1 and should also for any other 32-bit iOS 9.3.5 devices (except for the iPhone 5c)

1. Jailbreak 9.3.5 with Phœnix
  2. Let Cydia update, then add the source http://pwn20wnd.github.io/repo/eraser
  3. From there, Search for "Remover" and install it
  4. You'll also want to install a file manager such as Filza
  5. At this point, you may or may not need to respring
  6. Now go into Filza (or any file manager) and navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices/
  7. Scroll down till you find "SystemVersion.plist" and open it
  8. You'll want to tap on the "Root" dropdown and change the ProductVersion to 6.0
  9. Next go to IPSW.me and find the BuildID for your exact device (for mine, its 10A403) (for ios 6.0 firmware)
  10. Now tap on the ProductBuildVersion option and change it accordingly
  11. Once you are 100% sure everything has saved, exit Filza (or any file manager)
  12. Open Remover and select the Phœnix option
  13. This will un-jailbreak your iDevice (shouldn't take more than a minute or so)
  14. Now it should automatically take you into your Settings app
  15. From there, go to General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings
  16. At this point, you may or may not need to enter passcode/iCloud info
  17. Let your device reset and continue through setup
  18. Once you're in, go to Settings > General > Software Update, and the 8.4.1 update should pop up (if it hasn't, then you probably put the wrong ProductBuildVersion).
  19. Let the update download and install on your device :D
  20. Once it has booted up, you should be able to setup 8.4.1 like normal!
  21. Continue thru the setup and if you get any errors, just dismiss them and continue on into the Settings app
  22. Go to General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings one more time
  23. Let your device reset, then you should be able to setup without any problems
  24. If you want to jailbreak 8.4.1, you can try the new EtasonJB
  25. YOU MUST RESET YOUR iDEVICE TWO TIMES!! (DO NOT MISS ANY STEP)
This is my first post, hope it helped :)> so if there is any mistakes let me know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.