Downgrading QuickTime

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by stoid, Jul 26, 2002.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I need to un-upgrade from QuickTime 6. I wouldn't mind that I have to pay $30 to get 6 Pro, but the fact that it doesn't work right with FCP is really pissing me off. Thanks for that disclaimer Apple!! Anyway, is there anyway I can go back to using 5 Pro without reinstalling the whole operating system?? Thanks for the help!!

2. Draft macrumors 6502

I don't know about a way to do this, but I do know that if you do find a way to install Quicktime 5, move your version of Quicktime 6 to another directory other then your Applications directory before you install 5. When you do this, you can keep both Quicktime 5 and 6 on your machine with their seperate licenses. Then you can use 5 pro plus get all of the .mp4 format stuff from 6.

Draft

3. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I din't get the pro version, but I just did that today.

Just take the QT6 folder and trow it to the trash.

I got my QT5 back with no problem.

Again, I used the public version of QT6.

4. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

OS X

I'm using 10.1.5, and all the instructions seem to be for OS 9... :confused: :confused:

5. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Try this url and the information it contains. It WILL let you remove QT6 and install QT5 again.

BTW, all that I did was search on Apple's support site download section for Quicktime. It took all of a couple of minutes to get to that link. Anyone with at least two living brain cells would be able to find this in the same amount of time. Maybe that's why you needed to beg for help. :rolleyes: :eek: :p

6. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

hey.. juss wondering.. but what are the issuesyo are encountering with final cut pro?