Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JackSlade96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2016
Hi guys,

New to all this but have jb a few times in the past.

I currently have an iPhone 6 sat on 9.3.1 and really want to get my jb back! Ive tried to downgrade but it seems that apple have blocked all of this so it trys to extract the software then tells me it wont connect - not eligible or something.

Is there any other way around this so I can go back to a previous version so I can jb? Would it work if i try restoring the phone to a version as ive only been "shift clicking upgrade" not tried restored yet. Is this any different?

Thanks for any help!

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
I have heard you can use PurpleRestore to do this, but those that know how to do it with PurpleRestore will not tell you how to do it, or even where to get PurpleRestore.

So like the others said, the "simple" answer is no.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I have heard you can use PurpleRestore to do this, but those that know how to do it with PurpleRestore will not tell you how to do it, or even where to get PurpleRestore.

So like the others said, the "simple" answer is no.
My understanding is also that possession of PurpleRestore by non-Apple employees will cause Apple to pursue criminal charges.

It's useless anyway without being legitimately connected to Apple's VPN.

Reactions: mikecwest

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
My understanding is also that possession of PurpleRestore by non-Apple employees will cause Apple to pursue criminal charges.

It's useless anyway without being legitimately connected to Apple's VPN.

I wonder if you could install it on a computer in the Apple store and use it.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I wonder if you could install it on a computer in the Apple store and use it.
I imagine there are a few standard and non-standard features that prevent the installation of any software, let alone this.

But what I cannot imagine would be what happens if you got caught installing/running the software! :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.