Download 10.3?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Valak, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Valak macrumors newbie

Where can I download Mac Os X 10.3? Links would be appreciated. Or can I only get it when checking for updates?

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

You have to pay for it then you get free updates all the way upto 10.4 which you may as well buy instead of 10.3. Or you could stick it out with 10.2 and wait a few months for 10.5 (which you will have to pay for).

3. Savings macrumors member

You could probably find used copies for very cheap. I used to have a few copies lying around after I upgraded to 10.4. I'd give eBay a look.

4. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

I'm 99.99% sure that it would be illegal (unless you pay for it)...

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

On the cheap surprisingly seems to be about $40USD shipped on eBay.... The problem with finding Panther is that you must get retail install discs (and not system restore discs, as they may not work on your computer). That means that you are looking for a set purchased to upgrade a pre-Panther (Jaguar, Puma, etc) Mac. Meaning that no one who's bought their Mac in the past four years or so has the discs....

But I'm sure there're people here on MR who have them who would be willing to part with them for a reasonable price. Ideally someone who upgraded from Jag to Panther and then to Tiger.