Download Apple Keynotes

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by steve jr., Oct 25, 2005.

1. steve jr. macrumors 6502

Hello. I have a question on how to save Apple Keynotes to my computer. I have looked through the code and I have found the direct links to the movies without having to use QuickTime, just enter it as a URL. For example, http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/oct/oct_event/m_oct_event_all_ref.movis the most recent media event with the Video iPod and will play right in the browser window (it does for me anyhow). But when I enter it into HiDownload, it won't download. Is there any other way? I would love to have some of these because they are such milestones.

2. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

These keynotes are streaming, we never see the reference file. It uses a protocall called RTSP, which is different from the language of HTTP HiDownload assumes when downloading. Even if you do download these files, they are only about 2kb in size and just stream over the duration of the media file.

3. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

This should be in Software Discussion, just so you know. :)

4. steve jr. thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry. I'll remember for future reference. And thanks for the info. So is there anything out there that can read this type of stream?

5. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

6. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Also, check out Mac Essientials- Video Podcasts, they have daily video podcasts availible for download, not nessesarily only steves keynotes, but comercials and other videos from Apple.

edit- weekly, not daily :)

7. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Did you "Just" change your avatar!? :eek: