Download Bryce 5 Software for Free

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Aug 24, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

[​IMG]

Category: Deals and Coupons
    Link: Download Bryce 5 Software for Free
    Description:: It's now even easier to create breathtakingly realistic 3D landscapes and animations with Bryce. For a limited time, DAZ is pleased to offer Bryce 5 software absolutely FREE!

Posted on MacBytes.com
    Approved by Mudbug

2. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I used to play around with this at polytech, great fun. I'll definitely be downloading :)

3. macrumors 6502

Download problem

Has anyone else tried downloading this? I have downloaded it, but it downloads as a file with ".sitx.txt" at the end of the filename. Opening it caused TextEdit to launch, showing 20 MB of garbage text. Removing the .txt extension causes Stuffit to launch, but I get an error that the file cannot be expanded.

I have never encountered this problem with a download before. Is there something wrong with the file, or is it me?

4. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

That happened to me too, although it successfully opened in StuffIt when I removed the .txt extension. I suspect that your browser downloaded it in ASCII mode instead of binary, so which browser did you use? I used Safari.

5. macrumors 6502

6. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Hmm, I haven't had any problems so far, although to be fair I haven't used it much yet.

7. macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

This looks exactly like the Bryce I used like 10 years ago. Perhaps that was Bryce 5 way back then. :/ Also, it's not Universal.

8. macrumors 6502

I also used Safari. However, I discovered the problem. I was using version 8.0.2 of Stuffit Expander. Upgrading to the current version (and removing the .txt extension) did the trick.