Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
How do you implement downloading with the WebKit, I've tried to do this, but I don't even know what I need to do or that, if someone could help out that would be great! Thanks in advance

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Basically it's made more complicated as there's no 'download this page show it and return' command to webkit. Basically you set the delegate then start the download. The delegate gets called with various messages telling it what it's up to. These messages can included progresss reports, download finished, download failed etc. Basically you write methods to handle those as you see fit.

Does that help?

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
I still don't completely understand, so I set the delegate to what I want it to, whether it be another window to handle this even (in another NIB file) or that right? Then once the delegate gets called I have it handle a URL that isn't of type html or htm or xml, etc. and have it bring up a save dialog, load the data like they do in PictureBrowser example, then save it to a file?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.