Download HP Deskjet 2.5 driver

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by thunderclap, Sep 20, 2005.

1. thunderclap macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

Does anyone know where I can get this? The newest driver (2.7.1) is causing nothing but problems. Once, almost a year ago, someone told me where I could find this driver. No I can't find it anywhere. Contacted HP on-line chat and they said they don't support that printer anymore (all I need is a stupid link) and told me to call their support line. Did that and was told I'd be charge $39.99 for support (again... all I need is a stupid link).

So, I have a Deskjet 5150 and need to track down the 2.5 version driver. Does anyone have it or know where I can get it? Thanks!

2. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

3. thunderclap thread starter macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

That's version 2.7.1 of the driver. I need the previous version, 2.5. Thanks though.

4. California macrumors 68040

California

I think I have it because that was my last HP printer that I gave to my mom. But Mac OS should find it online for you? Or it is in the Mac OS list of drivers, because I don't think i used it on her iMac -- it was plug and print.

5. thunderclap thread starter macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

Version 2.7.1 comes bundled with Tiger and is the only version available on HP's site that I can find. Again, I need the previous version.

6. California macrumors 68040

California

Sorry the disc I have is for a 3500 HP printer. Very weird problem. Maybe contact Frys or someone who carries the printer instore? Maybe you could get a demo cd from them.

7. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

8. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

I may still have the old download from HP in my archive. I'll be able to check tonight, if you haven't tracked it down by then.

9. thunderclap thread starter macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

I did but it prints EXTREMELY slow. I trashed the entire printer folder, all HP preferences, and re-installed the current drivers again. Waiting to see if it still messes up.

10. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

I still have the old driver. I have sent you a PM with the link.