Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
I was saying Apple should be more strict on who downloads the seeds, like I've mentioned in other post, the minimum developer price should be $1000, this will ensure proper investment and better quality of apps.

Windows suffers from a lack of quality management and engineers and the community they attract reflects that. no one cares about quality, and I feel Apple has been slipping into that realm since the SL release.

Apple needs quality apps and not many apps. the ratio of quality verse trash is growing in apples stores for apps.

Apple needs quality hard ware and trusted suppliers to deliver it. Companies like LG have made a mockery of American technology by selling cheap and inconsistent panels and Apple sells and lies to he public regarding such matters. My biggest concern with macs are software conflict and HD fail.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
I was saying Apple should be more strict on who downloads the seeds, like I've mentioned in other post, the minimum developer price should be $1000, this will ensure proper investment and better quality of apps.

Windows suffers from a lack of quality management and engineers and the community they attract reflects that. no one cares about quality, and I feel Apple has been slipping into that realm since the SL release.

Apple needs quality apps and not many apps. the ratio of quality verse trash is growing in apples stores for apps.

Sound better that what one might have thought you meant.

It's not an alpha build and it's not an early developer preview. Apple thinks that this build is stable enough for developers to begin testing their applications on Lion, meaning that it is between a developer preview and final release.

An alpha build means that most of the functionalities are broken, which they aren't in Lion.

Actually, the terms are relative, and neither you or I can be certain where the heck this is in the development cycle. This might even be a Release Candidate or dare I say, Gamma release. Could it be beta? Alpha contains the processes of Milestones.

The problem with these terms, is, as I've said, it's relative to a whole load of other things.

Alpha does not necessarily mean that functionalities are broken, it depends on where it is within the milestone cycle of project management.

It's complex. I wish I could draw a picture, but I can't right now.

yanksrock100

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
San Diego
Wow downloading a developer preview OS just for the wallpaper???????? Give me a break, kid. Let the devs debug the OS so when you get the finial release you can enjoy the software and your wallpaper.

besides if you looked at the lion forum, the flower and mt.fuji wallpaper have been already uploaded ;)

Apple should have raised the developer minimum buy in for the Mac Community and the iOS community. It's about about quality not wallpapers.

I didnt want for the wallpaper, it was a separate question.

iDisk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2010
Menlo Park, CA

Attachments

• Lotuslion.jpg
    Lotuslion.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 176
  • Mt. Fuji.jpg
    Mt. Fuji.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 151

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
Wow downloading a developer preview OS just for the wallpaper???????? Give me a break, kid. Let the devs debug the OS so when you get the finial release you can enjoy the software and your wallpaper.

besides if you looked at the lion forum, the flower and mt.fuji wallpaper have been already uploaded ;)

Apple should have raised the developer minimum buy in for the Mac Community and the iOS community. It's about about quality not wallpapers.

Christ, you're annoying.

You feel that *somehow* Apple are being wronged by the all the people pirating the beta, as to why, I can't begin to imagine. If people want to play with buggy software, who are you to take an extremely condescending tone and tell them not to? Not only that but you're having a go at someone for something they didn't say, because you can't comprehend what they've written.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Christ, you're annoying.

You feel that *somehow* Apple are being wronged by the all the people pirating the beta, as to why, I can't begin to imagine. If people want to play with buggy software, who are you to take an extremely condescending tone and tell them not to? Not only that but you're having a go at someone for something they didn't say, because you can't comprehend what they've written.

People are breaking the law, not that it doesn't happen anyway.

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
People are breaking the law, not that it doesn't happen anyway.

Right, but the person that iDisk's post was directed at never said he/she pirated it. iDisk didn't even mention piracy in their post.

billyjoegibsonx

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2008
Legally the only way to get it is to pay yourself into the developer program! Illegally? I don't think I can say, but it is out there. Isn't hard to find. You can install it fine, but don't waste 3.34GB of your internet downloading it. It's buggy and unstable. I tried it out and I think Ill stick with SL for now :)

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Right, but the person that iDisk's post was directed at never said he/she pirated it. iDisk didn't even mention piracy in their post.

It was more aimed at people breaching the terms of the NDA they signed electronically.

KiDo

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2006
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I just got it, from a place i will not mention here:cool:

Did not get it to pirate anything, just to see how the new features work, made a quick partition on my HD and tested it out, installed like a charm, and works fine, it's definitely unstable and there are still a lot of apps that won't work like they should, but it gives me a good view of what's coming :)

I'd say good work apple, i love the switching between apps in full screen with the swipes, magic!

iDisk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2010
Menlo Park, CA
christ, you're annoying.

You feel that *somehow* apple are being wronged by the all the people pirating the beta, as to why, i can't begin to imagine. If people want to play with buggy software, who are you to take an extremely condescending tone and tell them not to? Not only that but you're having a go at someone for something they didn't say, because you can't comprehend what they've written.

apple lion dev forums... Check them out

right, but the person that idisk's post was directed at never said he/she pirated it. Idisk didn't even mention piracy in their post.

nda's are being breached plain and simple

it was more aimed at people breaching the terms of the nda they signed electronically.

thanks man for understanding and seeing what im saying:)..... Apple could easily remedy this by charging a $1000 premium to become a developer for Mac or iOS

Steve Ballmer

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2009
Redmond, WA
Yea only certain people who know cocoa and objective-c can develop for the Mac. So what's what's your argument?
You said Windows is a terrible platform because anyone can develop for it. And yet anyone who knows Cocoa and Objective-C can develop for Mac OS X.

Although I see later on you clarified what you were saying.

yanksrock100

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
San Diego
I just got it, from a place i will not mention here:cool:

Did not get it to pirate anything, just to see how the new features work, made a quick partition on my HD and tested it out, installed like a charm, and works fine, it's definitely unstable and there are still a lot of apps that won't work like they should, but it gives me a good view of what's coming :)

I'd say good work apple, i love the switching between apps in full screen with the swipes, magic!

No problems installling?

satyrica

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2011
Long Beach, CA
Wrong.

Most likely not. You need to enter a unique redemption code from your developer account in the Mac App Store. And then any computer you install it on has to be logged in and authorized with your App Store account.

Once obtained, it can be installed without restriction. Machines do not have
to be authorized or logged in. Stop the scare tactics...

satyrica

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2011
Long Beach, CA
uh...

I am saying that the legally downloaded file has been cracked, and the installer checked.

There is nothing to crack in the "legally downloaded file". It's simply a 3.6gb app with a non copy-protected/non-encrypted .dmg inside. Once had, install at will...

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
There is nothing to crack in the "legally downloaded file". It's simply a 3.6gb app with a non copy-protected/non-encrypted .dmg inside. Once had, install at will...

Doesn't matter if I am or not. It can and has been installed on non-dev
machines and people with non-dev affiliation. What's your point?

Evidently you are unaware that the primary wrapper had authentication tokens and receipts in it.

I am aware of the second. Having been with the people who have removed the receipts from the file, I know what has been going on.

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
Wow downloading a developer preview OS just for the wallpaper???????? Give me a break, kid. Let the devs debug the OS so when you get the finial release you can enjoy the software and your wallpaper...
I agree with you overall, but I think you're being a tiny bit harsh/elitist in many regards.

If someone wants to pay $100 for a buggy OS, and have no intentions of developing programs for it, it should be their right. Just because this "kid" downloads it for the wallpaper, doesn't mean the quality of the OS will be degraded for legit developers / programmers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.