Download Manager/Accelerator

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Cattywampus_, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Cattywampus_ macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

Need your help on this one. I've been trying to find a decent download manager accelerator for MacOSX. The only i've come across is iGetter.

I need a program that I can use Alt+Click to send links from Firefox to the program to queue up and download a load of different files from different webpages. It also needs to be able to do segmented-downloading, meaning it will do multiple connections to the server per file - cause some of the servers i can only get about 70k/sec per connection, so by doing 5 connections i can download one file at 70k x 5.

So iGetter is ok , but it is very unstable and hangs when you throw about 5 links at it - it downloads all the links, but becomes unresponsive and i have to close the program and reload it.

Ive also tried Speed Download but that was a load of tosh as well.

Needs to be Universal Binary as well.
    Any ideas?

2. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

You pretty much mentioned the only ones I know of. Speed Download is a UB... I tried it recently and it worked all right. Not great, but it didn't crash.

Maybe there's a Firefox plugin?

3. live4ever macrumors 6502a

Downthemall! is a great Firefox extension - I use it to grab all the PDFs off of scientific journal sites.