Download manager for mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jworrill, Jan 15, 2006.

1. jworrill macrumors newbie

Mar 15, 2005
    Hi all,

I am after a good freeware download manager for Mac OSX - in particular I would love one that allows you to download all links from a page...I had one that did it for the PC a few years back but I forget which one. I looked at a lot of PC download managers, no Mac versions generally.

Cheers for any info.
  2. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    VersionTracker is your friend.
  3. Boelman macrumors regular

Jul 15, 2004
    version tracker is good. I use that every now and again
  4. pknz macrumors 68020

Mar 22, 2005
    iGetter and Speed Download are the two I know of
  5. sphereboy macrumors 6502

May 10, 2002
    Can some of you that actually use a download manager give some feedback on why and which one you use?

I'm leaning towards Speed Download, but haven't been able to find much feedback on it. I've read the reviews on MU and VT but I only take those reviews with a grain of salt, since most people that have positive feedback never go back and actually give feedback at all.

6. jworrill thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 15, 2005
    Since this post I have been using (limited use really) iGetter. I had used Speed Download before I posted this originally but I had a bad experience in that I didnt use the uninstaller properly (I just removed the app from Application folder) and it left pieces of the software all over my computer that I had to search down and kill piece by piece before I was able to download anything anymore (each time I went to download Id get a Speed Download error screen and it would fail). So I wasnt too pleased with how that works (although it was at least partially my fault I suppose for not reading the readme).

iGetter is pretty good, the only issue I find is that when I go to download all links from a page, it consistently puts every link twice so I have to remove half the links every time I download. Very annoying. Otherwise it seems to do the trick.

Speed Download is not free for memory, I think neither of them are actually but Im just using a shareware copy of igetter which makes you wait ten seconds before loading.