Download PC Version of SIms 3 Ambitions, I now have a MAC help?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by TarebearsMac, Nov 2, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Ok.

Hello everyone! I have a very precarious issue! I had downloaded the PC version of Sims 3 Ambitions, and now own a MAC. THERE IS a way to get it to work...>.< I know there is because I've done it before but I was stupid and did not save it. Can anyone please help me save myself from spending another 30 bucks?

Please and thank you!

PS:
    (Sims 3 (replacement since my cat killed my old disc) and sims 3 pets is on the way. Any help would be great! I am aware they made it so Sims updates and uploads like PC's now and that was my problem before hand with making the PC version work properly.

2. macrumors regular

You'll need to install windows on your mac. Either through bootcamp or vmware/parallels. I would probably go with bootcamp since you are gaming.

3. macrumors 6502a

milbournosphere

Install Steam on your mac and see if they released a mac version. If they did, all you need to do is re-download it. Otherwise you'll have to play in Bootcamp.

4. macrumors 603

It's not available for the Mac on Steam.

The only other way to do it besides Bootcamp is use something like Crossover, or find a WINE wrapper for it. Bootcamp will be the easiest and best experience, though, if you don't mind restarting.