download photos/video from ipod touch 4th gen.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by joecool99, Oct 24, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

joecool99

not using iphoto. HOW can i access the and easily transfer the photos/video taken with the ipod touch ? hurts my head that apple doesn't allow USB mode to simply copy over what i need :mad:

2. macrumors member

It does for Video and Photos which you take off an iPod Touch 4. Take a picture or a video from the iPod Touch 4 then plug the unit to a computer via USB. You should get a pop up from the operating system asking you to open up a new usb drive. You should be able to copy, move or delete the pictures that way. However, you cannot use this method to copy pictures to the iPod Touch 4. Well, that's how it works for me in Windows.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083

3. macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

Not sure what OS you are using, but if it is Snow Leopard, you simply plug your iPod Touch into your Mac, then go to Applications and select 'Image Capture'. Your pictures and video should be right there to drag to the desktop.

4. macrumors 65816

fel10

I use an app called "Photo Transfer App". It's only $2.99, and it works flawlessly. It will transfer all your photos and videos from your iPod to your computer.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

joecool99

that worked. i've never used image capture before. thanks :rolleyes:

6. macrumors member

image capture? Nice idea.