Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BTCaub

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2007
Greetings!
Not a real significant issue but a nuiscance,

I am on a MAC Mini, OS X 10.3.9, and surf the net via Safari and FireFox. Previously when I would right click on an image and select download image to desktop, there it would go right on the desktop. Starting yesterday a misterious folder appeared on my desktop, "original Images." It was never there before in 2 years on this Mac. Anyway, now all of a sudden when when I select Download image to Desktop, it automatically goes into this folder. Move the folder to the Trash, and the next time you try and download a picture, bam a new one is created on the Desktop.
What gives and where did this come from all of a sudden???
How can I disable this?
Thanks,:(
Brad

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
When in Safari, go to the Safari menu, and click on Preferences. Then where it says Download files to: make it say Desktop. Some how it must have accidentally gotten set to original image.

BTCaub

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2007
That was the first place I went to, and it had me even more confused. Safari Preferences are and were set to Desktop, yet pics still go to Original Images folder....:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.