Download Radio programs from Iplayer?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by EvilHomer484, Feb 13, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Sep 13, 2012
    hi guys, is there an app on mac/iphone that will allow you to download radio programs from the BBC iplayer and listen to them offline? like you can with the tv shows?

any help much appreciated!
  2. macrumors regular

Dec 9, 2011
    South Yorkshire
    I don't know about iPlayer but I use the Podcast app to download radio programs to my iPad. Includes BBC and other stations.
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 13, 2012
    Yeah I use the podcast app, was hoping to get the full program's with music too. Thanks.
  4. macrumors 68030

Dave Braine

Mar 19, 2008
    Warrington, UK
    Can't be done at the moment:
  5. macrumors regular

Jul 30, 2010
  6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 13, 2012

only solution i have found is to replay the radio show in full via iplayer and record the audio using garageband. A bit long winded but it does the job.
  7. macrumors 68000

Mar 15, 2008
    I am also looking for a solution to save BBC Radio 4's audio play of Neverwhere (my favorite Neil Gaiman book). This may be very American of me but 'm really surprised that there's no app or podcast that allows you to listen to these offline or put them on your iPhone/iPod. :(

I'm trying an old app called iPlayer_grabber but I'm not having much luck.

In Garage Band, do you just record the audio going to the speakers?
  8. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 13, 2012
    think the iplayer grabber is outdated now and of no use.

My experiment with garageband failed, turned out i was actually using the external mic that was picking up the output from the speakers, not exactly a good quality recording !

ive resorted to recording direct on my iPhone via an app called tunein radio. although this does mean you have to record the whole program as it is played live. hope this helps?
  9. macrumors newbie

Dec 26, 2014
    You can use the Tunein app on iPhone to record and save radio programmes
  10. macrumors newbie

Feb 19, 2012
    Have you tried iPlayer Automator?
    For Radio shows I'm pretty sure you can go to the radio show in your browser and use iPA to retrieve/download it from there?

Edit: Actually looking at it it looks as though it does BBC Radio natively?
  11. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 13, 2012
    yeah I've been using Tunein radio and just doing it that way. Will take a look at player automator. thanks.