Download Troubles in Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ibilly, Mar 12, 2005.

1. ibilly macrumors regular

I'm not sure how I managed to do this, but for a while, I've not been able to download with safari. I have to option click, but that only works if the file is directly linke, which it isn't always. Any ideas about cause/fixes?

this is what shows up in the address bar when I click on a link to download or put the destination of a file in the address bar and hir return. It starts as the file, then goes to this:
    file:///private/tmp/509/TemporaryItems/.__SDPluginHelper.html
    then goes back to the orig page, or nothing in the case of a file in the address bar.

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Once again, SpeedDownload screws the pooch. If you're using it, I think it sucks, I think you should get rid of it. If you used it in the past and thought you erased it all, you didn't.

Either way, http://www.yazsoft.com/howto/unistall.html

3. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

This reminds me of the windoze registry. And i was evangelizing today about the easy app remove on OS X...

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

It is, for 90% of the apps out there.. but some apps installed kernel extensions that can cause problems down the road with an OS update if you don't know they're there.

5. ibilly thread starter macrumors regular

well, I uninstalled Speed Download, but I've yet to try to download anyhting w/ safari just thru the mouse... I'll let you all know.

6. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

Just copy/paste or drag the link you want to download into the Downloads window of Safari. Easy as pie.