Download videos???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chriscorbin, Feb 28, 2007.

1. chriscorbin macrumors 6502

chriscorbin

is there a FREE app out there to pull video from youtube or dailymotion?

thanks

2. MacAodh macrumors regular

The best way i find is to use safari. Go into the page with the video, open the Activity window (Window-Activity) and the download window (Window-Download). In the Activity window find the video file. (If it's there - which it's not always - it will be the really big file, prob the only one in mb...). Click on it, copy it (apple-c), select downloads window & paste (apple-v). It should start downloading it and work.

This doesn't work for alot of websites but i know it works for quite a few anyway. youtube being one. The other method (i've never used so... no idea how good it is) is a firefox Add-on called videodownloader 2.0 (the only link i could find quickly was https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2390/ which is for 1.1 but i know there's 2.0 out there since that's what i have) As i said, no idea how good it is though...

Hope this helps dear :)

3. The Void macrumors regular

The Void

Ever heard of a thing called Google? It lets you answer questions like this for youself, really easily.

Now go to google and type in keepvid or mpeg streamclip.

The Void
    Helpful beyond patience.

4. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

I just bought TubeSock tonight and it's excellent. I know you said you wanted a free one, but I just figured I'd chime in and say that TubeSock is well worth the $15 you pay for it.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Or, even easier, just hold Option and double-click the file :)