Download Yahoo! Mail?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by applekid, Feb 19, 2005.

1. applekid macrumors 68020

Is there any way of downloading all of my saved Yahoo! messages to my hard drive or a way to quickly forward all of my e-mail to my GMail account?

I'm hoping to close my Yahoo! mailbox after transferring my old e-mails.

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

$20 will get you POP access and 2GB of storage by upgrading to Yahoo Plus, so then you won't have to move to gmail. ;)

I guess you could pay, download all your mail, and then cancel and get a nearly full refund if you must. :rolleyes:

3. john1123 macrumors regular

john1123

it works on my yahoo australia account. it's under Mail Options > POP access and forwarding.
    I'm not sure about yahoo.com accounts though...

4. applekid thread starter macrumors 68020

I like my iMacGod account for GMail though :( :p

I was thinking about just paying $20, get POP access, do a quick download, and trash it... I guess that's what I'll have to do. :(

5. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

i seem t oremember yahoo offered free pop like 3 years ago. no longer i guess. gmail offers it now, but they may take it away when it goes out of beta if they can't make $ off it.

Fastmail offers free IMAP access.

Hotmail lets you use outlook (or they used to last time i checked).

I'm sure there are a ton more.

6. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Google makes money whenever someone clicks the adds next to the messages, which is often. They don't need to charge money for POP, they already make hundreds a day from the service, which will increase when more people use the service.

7. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

There's only one constant in life. If someone figures they can make more money, they will. Google will most likely start charging for things such as POP access because they will feel more pressure from Wall Street to keep increasing earnings. If there's money to be made, the small guy will take it up the wazoo.

8. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

well exactly... there are no ads when you view your mail through pop. I mean the question google will have to ask is basically, will offering pop service increase our # of users enough to justify how many fewer users will be looking at our ads?

9. topspin98 macrumors member

Mail

Just hook Yahoo up with your mail with your OS. Ive done it with my Yahoo, Gmail, and Mac Accounts.

Then save!

10. arogge macrumors 65816

arogge