Downloadable Games For iPOD???

Discussion in 'Games' started by thechris69, Nov 11, 2005.

1. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

I just recently purchased the black 30gb iPod video, and I love it. I found a free program how to convert the movies, and its just a great little gadget. However, I was wondering if anyone knows any links to downloadable games for the ipod video. I have found sites, but they arent compatible with the ipod video because its so new. So if anyone knows of any, that would be great. O, and it would be better if the games were free, Thank you:) :D

2. haiggy macrumors 65816

Install iPod Linux and get podzilla. It comes with lots of new games and other cool features.

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

but i dont think it supported by Linux iPod People

4. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

This will change your ipod. Different OS inside, different look and feel. Also, perform at your own risk.

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

6. thechris69 thread starter macrumors 6502

thechris69

ok thanks for the replys, but i tried ipod linux or w/e and its to risky. I was just looking for a site or program you can download the games onto ur HD and then just upload to your iPOD via usb, if anyone knows any it would be of great help!!!:cool:

7. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

There's no way to do it without iPod Linux. The Apple OS does not support thrid-party software add-ons.

8. thechris69 thread starter macrumors 6502

thechris69

ok, so I just download ipod linux, then what?

9. gmacster macrumors newbie

Don't install ipod linux onto ipod video

Ipod linux will brick your ipod video. It only works on every ipod but the 5th gen (works on nano).

Besides the ipodlinux.org site is down.

10. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I like your use of brick.

11. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Kind of like a bricked PSP, but a tad more expensive. At least there's a salvagable HD in it, unlike the PSP. You're just stuck with a big screen and some buttons.

I'm sure you could even sell a bricked iPod video on craigslist for $200 with somebody full-well knowing that it won't work...just so they can have one.

Podzilla is cool, but there's still a ton of kinks from what I hear and see on the Podzilla forums.

12. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Dual boot - press rewind during bootup to switch

And they only just got it to work on the Nano, so you've got a bit of wait *goes back to playing iDoom - Doom in 4 shades of grey on a 2" screen with 5 buttons!*

13. thechris69 thread starter macrumors 6502

thechris69

I just want to find a site where you can find a ipod video game and download it right onto the ipod via usb, instead of downloading ipod linux which i here is risky, does anyone no of any games without ipod linux?

14. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

Somebody already mentioned it before...there's no way to put games on an iPod without putting iPod linux on it...so without that, no you can't put additional games on an iPod. The operating system won't allow it...end of story.

15. satans_banjo macrumors regular

can anyone confirm that putting ipod linux onto my 4g 20gb ipod won't brick it?

16. MmmPancakes macrumors 6502

MmmPancakes

Linux is unsupported on the 4g. It will still install, but its very buggy and you'll have a hard time accessing your library/playlists. All the other features seem to work. I dual boot my 4g into Linux sometimes just to show people the cool Matrix screensaver, but it isn't good for much else. In short, it won't "brick" it.