Downloadable Games?

Discussion in 'Games' started by imac abuser, Nov 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Can anyone direct me to a good site where I can download full versions of games, and software? I'm looking for f / a 18 operation iraqi freedom. Thanks for your help

iMac Abuser

2. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Operation Iraqi freedom isn't freeware, you'll have to pay for it.
    For shareware/demos/freeware check out: http://www.macgamefiles.com

3. zen_state macrumors member

I'll bet you a dollar this thread goes to the trash before you can say payware

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

VersionTracker has some good stuff on it, from freeware to shareware, and there are plenty of other little sites out there with simple free games and apps, if that's what you're looking for. What kind of software and games are you after exactly? Obviously, as you should know, Operation Iraqi Freedom is not a free game, so you won't find anything like that on these sites.

And of course if for some reason you're after software which you normally have to pay for but you want to steal it and obtain it illegally, then I'll report this thread and have it shut down immediately. MacRumors does not promote nor support immoral individuals who engage in criminal activity. :cool:

5. imac abuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

I was looking for a playable demo that's all

imac abuser

6. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Good, good, just checking. You'd be surprised what types of people pop on these forums sometimes... :cool:

7. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

That why you said you are looking for a site with downloadable full games?

8. risc macrumors 68030

risc

9. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Oh, but come on, do you think he would really be foolish enough to ask about warez sites since he would get banned for exhibiting such criminal behavior here on MacRumors? Behavior like that would be characterized as immoral and illegal, so I can only assume he meant "playable demos" when he actually said "download full versions of games and software"... :rolleyes: :cool:

10. Flickta macrumors 6502

Graphsim...
    I remember F/A 18 Hornet... And believe me, they did not change anything since that release. This game should be shareware. It looks like.

11. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I haven't seen any sites for Mac that let you download full games. I know there are a few for Windows. It's a good idea, someone should do it for Mac too. It'd probably be cheaper than buying them at the store since you wouldn't need to pay for packaging and delivery. If someone did this, I'd certainly buy more games - Mac games are ridiculously expensive here in NZ, and are hard to find. Buying them online would be a lot cheaper.

12. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

America's Army is free, and its a war shoot-em-up like game.

I couldn't ever get into it though.

13. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502

America's Army is ok but it kinda made me a bit uneasy it was a recruiting tool... SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES LOL

14. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

You wouldn't see MacSoft on those sites if they existed. Those are good ways for cracks to leak out. If one person buys it, he could easily put it on a file-sharing network. That a good way for them not to make money.

15. Santaduck macrumors 6502a

Santaduck

I'd agree Americas Army is about as good as you can get. If you already have Unreal Tournament 2004, you can check out all the free mods.

Also, demos are pretty satisfying up to a point... look up free demos at www.macgamefiles.com .

People already mentioned download sites such as www.macupdate.com www.versiontracker.com and www.download.com . If you want a puzzle game, of course "Snood" is quite famous.

freeverse and burning monkey have some nice demos, such as AirBurst, and I think Big Bang Chess is free.

16. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

How's that any different from how it is now? One person can buy a game at retail and put it on a file-sharing network.

17. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Very true. But downlodable games don't require disks. One purchased at retail store does. If the person who purchased it at the retail store put it on a file-sharing network chances are more likely they will not know how to modify it so it does not need it's disk. If you legaly download it you can just put up on the file-sharing network and you won't need to worry about fixing it so it can run without it's disk. Of course then again if you buy a retail version you can just make a .dmg.

18. Santaduck macrumors 6502a

Santaduck

I wonder if more companies are going to follow Steam's lead with HL2 and all the folks they have caught there...

on topic:
    Forgot to mention... In addition to MGF, if you're browsing around for demos, the makers of ludomac.com have gotten together a *legal* bittorrent site, mainly to host demos:

www.macgameseed.com

and if you want web-based gaming, there's always
    www.romp.com
    www.kingdomofloathing.com
    www.pokerroom.com
    www.pogo.com
    and lots more

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.