Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macette

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 5, 2002
Melbourne
Hi

I use only OS X, but my mother-in-law is still using OS 9.2.2. She has a very slow modem, and it keeps dropping out when she tries to download the latest Acrobat Reader. I said I'd download it for her, but it just keeps trying to download the OS X version - even though I select OS 9.2.2 in the version box.

You know how you download a preliminary file (under a meg, called rdrweb.sit), and then it goes through the process of downloading the rest of it (10 meg) once you've unstuffed it?

Is there anywhere I can just get the whole thing at once, without stuffing around with the installer, which is too smart for its own good?

i've tried versiontracker, but it just leads me to the same download page.

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
Download it via a browser in Classic.

EDIT (didn't read close enough): crtl-click on the installer after you d/l it via a classic browser, and select open in classic.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Originally posted by Macette
i don't have os 9 installed... i'm an x girl. any other suggestions?

just be glad your m-i-l uses a mac at all. mine uses a PC, and it befuddles her constantly. she just got to learn about formatting and reinstalling because of a cable modem issue! fun!

heh, anyway, let me see if i can't get a 9 version downloaded, i could email it to you-- kinda bugs me that we can't find a better way, but at least she'll have the program--

you'll need to email me, so i have your address...

:)
pnw

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.