Downloading and unloading pictures from the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sammyman, May 1, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

How can you download pictures on the iPad? I took a picture today on my iPhone, and was trying to figure out how to upload it onto a forum from my iPad... Then I realized that I don't know how to download and upload pictures while browsing my iPad. How do you do it?

2. macrumors 68000

Use dropbox app on the iphone, upload the picture and then use good reader app on the ipad to get the picture from the dropbox account.

If u have mobileme, use that instead..

About uploading picture to forum, heck it won't work.. I don't know why..

3. macrumors 6502a

There's numerous ways to achieve this goal, although I don't own an iPad so this list is in no way exhaustive. See if any of them work for you:

You can use the Camera Connection Kit here ($29.99):
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531?mco=MTc0MjU1ODU

You can use MobileMe gallery ($99 per year)

You can email the pics to yourself from your phone (although they are likely to be resized) ($free)

If you have a Mac you can use Preview to get the images off your phone, then iPhoto to catalogue them, then sync to iPad through iTunes ($free)

You could upload them to an online storage service like Flikr, then browse to them via Safari on the iPad, press and hold on the image and then "save image" ($free??)

4. macrumors 6502

Zazoh

This would also depend on what site you will be uploading to. Email is becoming more popular for getting images on a site.

Adding to the list of the above post. If on a Mac, image capture, comes with OS-X, can pull them off. Treats the iPad like a camera.