Downloading Credit Card Statements

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stoavio, Jun 11, 2006.

1. stoavio macrumors member

stoavio

Is there an application available that allows you to download your credit card statement without accessing the CC provider's website/statement area? It's kind of a pain for me to login to mine and the interface is just horrible, not only in it's design but in it's ease of use or lack thereof.

It would be really cool if there was an extention to Sherlock or a standalone app that would allow the user to input their login details, an address to where the application can retrieve the data, etc, and have the application or extention simply grab the raw data e.g. (Balance, credit remaining, last invoice paid, etc.)

I'm not really sure how practical such an application would be or if there's really even a need for such a convenience but I know I'd sure appreciate it seeing as the interface my credit card company uses is just so god awful.

2. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

I've never heard of one, and all credit card companies would need to starardize for something like this to work?

Interesting idea but the web works for me, but my two cards do have totally different layouts and I suppose a uniform presentation would be nice. Then again the different layouts does help me distinguish who I'm dealing with. :confused:

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

If there were, it would have to automatically get through the login security of the credit card company's webserver, and to do it without a secure web browser connection, and that would be EXTREMELY worrisome to me...

4. stoavio thread starter macrumors member

stoavio

I certainly understand the logistical boundries present that probably prevent an application like this from existing but I thought I'd ask anyway. I'm just so tired of logging into this horribly designed web utility. It's clunky, the code is obsolete and isn't aesthetically appealing in the least.

Oh well, I'll just keep my fingers crossed for an update to the design.

:D

5. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

Couldn't it set up a secure connection similar to what a webbrowser (https) does?

Seems to me the hard part would be parsing the data.

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

stoavio, I don't know if your Mac came with Quicken, but if your credit card company supports OFX (I think that's what it's called), you setup the account once in Quicken and then Quicken can go and download your statements without you having to use the web interface.

I use this for SunTrust (my bank) + American Express cards + Citi cards. Quicken does the download automatically daily, which is pretty convenient. :)