Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ldenman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
I'm working on a cocoa project in xcode and have implemented a small browser. Does anyone know how to enable downloads?
I'm obviously using the WebKit framework...

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
ldenman said:
I'm working on a cocoa project in xcode and have implemented a small browser. Does anyone know how to enable downloads?
I'm obviously using the WebKit framework...
If you're using webkit there's nothing special you need to do to enable downloads. How've you got it set up?

ldenman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
i click a file to download and nothing happens..thats the problem.

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Have you tried using spotlight to see if the files are being download anywhere on your disk (rather than where you expect them to go)? If you can't find them then the best bet is to check out the documentation. webViews and webFrames have a ton of optional helper objects (delegates , dataSources etc) and maybe one of those is what you want.

I've used webKit in one of my apps in several places but I generally use it to display content my app creates on the fly internally. I've never actually had to worry about where files got downloaded to.

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
There are a couple of examples in the Developer tools that might help you in /Developer/Examples/Webkit.

The 'Downloader' example specifically deals with downloading files but doesn't use a webview. The Minibrowser example is just that.

ldenman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
WOW! Thats exactly what I need...i'll check into it and see if i can work something out. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.