Downloading Flash Movies

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by JCentourage, Dec 22, 2004.

1. JCentourage macrumors newbie

JCentourage

Does anyone know a good way to download flash movies?

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

This is for Safari.
    Open the page the has the flash movie. Click on Windows at the top bar, and choose Activity from the drop down menu. This shows all the pages you have open, and all the information being supplied too them. Find the page with the Flash movie. Find the code pertaining to the flash movie by using the arrows. I believe you can then drag and drop it to the download window (Windows at the top bar, and choose Downloads from the drop down menu), or click to highlight the flash and hit Apple+C to copy, then click in the download window and do Apple+P for paste. Can also be done with certain embedded movies too.

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

An option+double-click in the Activity window also works, and sends whatever you clicked on to your downloads folder (unless you've customized the meaning of an option-click).

4. JCentourage thread starter macrumors newbie

JCentourage

5. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Nice! Learn something new every day. :) I was doing it the hard way, hunting through the page's source code, finding the .swf file, copy and pasting it into the address bar, and then doing a "save as".

6. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

This is an awesome tip. I thought you had to pay for an app. to do this.
    I tried doing it on jibjab.com but i got an error when i opened it. They must have copy protection.

7. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

I've saved movie previews where the save was disabled by hunting down the temp file on my machine and renaming it. It's pretty easy to find if you look for a file created that day and is bigger than 5 megs or so. Saved the jibjab "This Land" movie this way.

Now I have a new way to try... :)

8. jes13 macrumors member

screensaver

I have a Mac G4 - Jaquar <spg> <?> -

Anyway, trying to download screensavers - clicked on the 'stuffit' thingy, got the 'folder', but can't open the folders - in short - can't seem to get the screensaver on??? I guess I'm 'downloading' them all right just don't know how to 'activate' them??? Or 'open' them or whatever it is to get them ON the desktop???

Sure I'm doing something wrong??? OR are they just being made (now) for the Panthers???

Thanks!

9. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Um, not to be mean, but what did these questions have to do with embedded flash movies and trying to save them. Now, onto the question, where are you getting these screensavers from? Are they Mac compatible to begin with (read the page you are getting them from)?

If you want to use a screen saver, open up System Preferences (big with Apple with a light switch on your dock), Screen Saver (or what coinsides with it, I can't remember on jaguar), on the left side you can choose which folder you use, point the folder with the screensaver in it.

10. dorqiekat macrumors 6502a

I tried this for a few flash movies at ebaumsworld and it wouldn't work. After the download, quicktime said that there was an invalid media data in the movie. Does anyone know how to fix this? is there something wrong with my quicktime or is it just flash from ebaums.. like they're protected or something... :confused:

11. jes13 macrumors member

dorqiekat

I find when I get some kind of 'media' error thingy it usually means it's a Windows format thingy - can't open it :-(