Downloading iOS SDK by itself??

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by andrew086, Aug 7, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Dec 31, 2009
    Is there anyway to do this? I already have Xcode installed for Mac OS X development and I don't want to wait hours just for the SDK. Is it possible to just download the SDK and add it to my existing installation of Xcode? I have 3.2.2 right now if it matters. I found one thread about this but I didn't find any answers because 90% of the people could not comprehend the question (they all thought that the OP wanted to not use Xcode at all).
  2. macrumors 68000

Jan 28, 2003
    Less lost in L.A.
    I've never seen a way to download just the iOS SDK. It is an all or nothing download.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Apr 7, 2007
    Yeah, I keep forgetting to just download off the site. I just did that tonight honestly. I reformatted MBP, installed Xcode off of the cd's and then realized I have to download whole thing anyways because the iOS SDK is not separate anywhere I can ever find. A bit annoying.
  4. macrumors 68040

You may have Xcode, but do you have Xcode 3.2.3? If not, you need to download it anyways. Also, what you call iOS SDK here is Xcode+iOS specific stuff. Xcode is part of the SDK, so to speak, at least in Apples terminology.