Downloading Page in iWeb

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rockandrule, Jan 25, 2006.

1. rockandrule macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if there is a way to get a website I created using my .Mac account and one of my licenses of iLife '06 (I have a family pack) to my computer under the same license for iLife and .Mac so I can edit it from here. I'll be really disappointed if I can't, being that I only made the page on my girlfriend's PowerMac because we got home with the new iLife and my PowerBook wasn't hooked up to the net so she told me to use her's. If anyone can help, I will love you forever.

2. Kyle Nerder macrumors regular

Kyle Nerder

Are you refering the the site being saved on the original computer? I know if you search "iWeb" or the name of the site in SpotLight, it finds it. You could create a WorkFlow to update the file on your computer before you open iWeb to create/modify pages.

The WorkFlow would have to download from a saved location on your .mac site and then update it on your machine and then you would be free to fire up iWeb and everything would show up like your working from the same machine.

Hopefully that is what you wanted to know.

3. rockandrule thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I found the domain file on the computer, but transfering that via flash didn't work. Do you have any details on exactly what to do using your method? I haven't worked much with Automator.