DP 1.42 hit credit card yesterday

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by eatbacon, Feb 20, 2003.

1. eatbacon macrumors regular

I hope this means the wait is almost over. It is only a temp charge, but at least it is a sign of progress. Can anyone experienced in these matters confirm or disprove that this means I will see my mac shortly?

Thanks.

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

3. Bear macrumors G3

Re: DP 1.42 hit credit card yesterday

I would say that depends on when you actually ordered your machine and what ship date you were given. I used a credit card where I cannoot tell if there is a "temp charge".

Quite possibly the only real sign of progress would be a status change on the order info page or an email from Apple saying the machine was shipped.

When did you order your machine? And what is its estimated ship date? I ordered mine rather early on January 28th, before 6 AM Pacfific time. (Yes, ordering was only up for a few minutes when I placed my order.) My estimated ship date is "On or before 03/12/2003".

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Blame motorola, didnt they say they will have mass produced 1.3mhz chips in the 4th qtr?Probably apple is having a hard time overclocking those SUCKERS!

5. eatbacon thread starter macrumors regular

well, i did order it on january 28th (not quite as early as you :) ) and my ship date is "on or before 3/12" but I was hoping that the sudden appearance on my credit card was a good sign. either way, please post if you receive any news as we should both be shipping around the same time.

6. synthetickittie macrumors regular

ya the wait sucks expecially beforethis will be my first mac and Im stuck on my pc untill then.. ya and its not helping me that Ive all ready bouth my new desk which is directly across from the one my pc Im using right now is on and also the fact that everything is all ready set up on the next next to me (except for the mouse,keyboard, and tower of course), ah just stearing over at my 23inch display (under a sheet)... its making the wait even longer. BTW I ordered my 1.42 power mac a few after you guys and my date is on or before 3/19 so please the first person to get thiers ship tell us so I know I dont have all the much more time to wait.

7. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

It seems like Apple is quite often behind on shipping computers.

Like the new 17" PowerBooks

8. janey macrumors 603

janey

Welcome to the world of Apple.

9. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

Yeah, I guess that's how Apple is. Oh well, at least they are quality computers.

10. janey macrumors 603

janey

Waiting is worth it (most of the time). Apple's computers are awesome.

11. gotohamish macrumors 65816

gotohamish

You're so lucky that the Apple Store website gives you that info.

Apple Store UK isn't a dynamic/intelligent shopping area - you get four boxes:

1: Being Reviewed
    2. Being Assembled
    3. Preparing for shipment
    4. shipped.

I ordered a BTO Dual 1.42 on the 6th Feb, from the Education store, and you get no estimated ship date at all, and still no charge on the card.

I'm currently on stage 2 of the list above, but in past experience, it doesn't say shipped until a few days after I've actually recieved the goods!

12. Bear macrumors G3

The US store order info page used to look like that. Sometimes you could catch it in stage 3.

You would get your email notification the day the product shipped, also, the online order status would change to shipped at about the same time.