DP 1.42 ship date?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by eatbacon, Feb 7, 2003.

1. eatbacon macrumors regular

So, does apple generally over- or under-estimate their ship dates? Are they saying, "it might take us up to 4-6 weeks, but we will probably have it sooner" or "you are going to wait for this until the last day of the quarter (more like 9-8 week) but we are afraid you wouldn't order if we told you that"?

2. Bear macrumors G3

Re: DP 1.42 ship date?

I'd say if you ordered it the day of announcement, it will be in the 4-6 week range. If you order it later on, it depends on how many orders they actually got.

I'd say expect 6 weeks. And be happy if it shows up sooner. But you have to order it to get it.

3. fleetwood macrumors newbie

1.42 ETA

They call me FLEETWOODMAC I'm the Mac GURU at PCmall in Wisconsin. Also Macmall
    Our ETA is 2/25/03
    I can discount off of our web price.

Jeff Fleetwood
    800 741-9199 ext 8278

4. synthetickittie macrumors regular

time shall tell.... my order status says on or before the 19th of next month. I ordered it on tuesday and I think Im gonna die before this thing comes because I cant wait to get it and I dam well know the next 5 weeks are going to be the slowest ever untill the Fedex guy shows up at my door with it. Today was accually nice tho because I had also ordered a printer, scanner, the pro speakers, and a dazzle hollywood DV bridge, and they all got to me today. I all ready drolling over the possiblities of what Im gonna be able to get done once I get the computer.

5. GigaWire macrumors 6502

it really is amazing just how much this uber-symbol of capitalistic meaninglessness messes with your mind. This will be a replacement for a G4 500, so I am really looking forward to it. I was smart, and ordered an AE Base station and a 20" display to fill the in between time. I think i'll order keynote next week, and 2 Hard drives the following week, and speakers the week after that, and...

cheers